Duplicate data from two different fields (1 Viewer)

alcorp

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:09
Hi!
First post! Also a noob. Maybe someone can help me on this problem since I am still new and I can't find anything clear, Anyways I've been trying to figure out a way to query duplicate data from two different fields from two different tables in the same access 2010 project. I first quried the first part since it combines the first 3 columns to create another value (i.e. 52 & 60 = 5260).

So I created the concatenative value but now I have to compare to another field to display what results are found in both the concatenative and the other (APN in the file). I tried using query wizard but it is for only one field. I understand you have to use joins but the destination filed is what gets me :banghead:
(Also if someone can help show me what is not found from in one column and not the other and vice versa. I beleive the joins methods works but again the destination filed gets me)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Online2.accdb
    592 KB · Views: 69

SparklyPrincess6969

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:09
I took a look at your example - it seems just concatenating Mapbook, Page and Parcel doesn't give you something that matches any of the Sheet2.APN, that's why the join isn't working and Query2 is coming up blank.

So what it looks like you need is a function that will take Mapbook, Page and Parcel from LACtyTest and use them to write down a code that matches APN in Sheet2? Could you post one example line from LACtyTest, and the corresponding line from Sheet1 you're trying to match it up with? Then we can help you write a new expression to put in Query1. (Sorry if I've misunderstood something here.)

alcorp

Registered User.
Local time
I re-uploaded the file. I forgot carry the zeros over for a couple of fields for LActyTest. Basically I have to combine the MAPBOOK, PAGE, and PARCEL in LACtyTest which would equal a value called the APN.

(APN from both tables are 10 characters long)

In sheet the APN is provided. So in Query 1 went ahead and combined MAPBOOK, PAGE, and PARCEL from LACtyTest.

In Query2 I am now trying to get find the common values from the result of Query1 (Which is now LACtyTest's APN) to Sheet2's APN.

I also need to find the unique values between them too.

Attachments

• Online2.accdb
    592 KB · Views: 76

alcorp

Registered User.
Local time
I wrote you a reply, idk if you got a get a notification from a non "quick reply" lol

SparklyPrincess6969

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:09
Sorry for late reply, I was in a meeting. Ok, I think I'm starting to see what you're driving at.

If, for example, Query1 contains:

Expr

and Sheet2 contains

APN | (some other fields)
2004001015 | (values)
1111111111 | (more values)

you want something that will give the numbers that exist in both tables, something like

Duplicate

Is this right? If so, simply opening query builder, joining Query1.Expr1 to Sheet2.APN and selecting either APN or Expr1 as the destination field at the bottom will work. (You don't need to have Duplicates: [Query1.Expr]=[Sheet2.APN] as an expression, joins don't work like that.) Of course if I've still not understood something please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom