Delete Query Comparing 2 tables (1 Viewer)

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:33
Wondering if someone can help me out on a query...

I have a RMA form containing a RMA table with a RMAID field, Facility Name, Facility Address and Date.

On my Equipment table I have several fields with one of them being a matching RMAID field.

What I would like to do is whenever I close the RMA form, it compares the RMA table to the Equipment table and deletes the record from the RMA table if it doesn't find a matching ID in the Equipment table.

I am using SQL tables linked to an access DB and would like to do this through a passthrough query

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
I tried the following suggestion off of another post but it deleted everything, even though there was a matching ID in the equipment table.

Code:
DELETE RMAs
FROM RMAs
INNER JOIN FacilityEquipment
ON RMAs.RMAID<>FacilityEquipment.[RMA ID]

This works to delete any records that match, but of course is the opposite of what I want it to do.

Code:
DELETE RMAs FROM RMAs WHERE RMAs.RMAID IN
(SELECT [RMA ID] FROM FacilityEquipment);

Last edited:

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
After a little more searching, I got it to work with the following

Code:
DELETE FROM RMAs WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM FacilityEquipment WHERE RMAs.RMAID = FacilityEquipment.[RMA ID]);

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:33
After a little more searching, I got it to work with the following

Code:
DELETE FROM RMAs WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM FacilityEquipment WHERE RMAs.RMAID = FacilityEquipment.[RMA ID]);
Hi. Good job! Glad to hear you weren't discouraged by a lack of participation today. Cheers!

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Good job! Glad to hear you weren't discouraged by a lack of participation today. Cheers!

I never get discouraged, I just wasn't finding what I was looking for so thought I would post here as you guys have been a great help on past questions, while I was on the hunt....

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:33
I never get discouraged, I just wasn't finding what I was looking for so thought I would post here as you guys have been a great help on past questions, while I was on the hunt....
Hi. I'm sure if someone saw it, they would have jumped in. I was out for most of the day. We appreciate your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom