Macro vs VBA (1 Viewer)

Johnny Drama

In need of beer...
Local time
Yesterday, 16:33
I've seen comments around the board about how people feel that using VBA over a macro is the better way to go, but can someone tell me why? My VBA knowledge is limited and I generally can get things to work with the help of a number of you on this forum, but I'd like to know why VBA is the better way to go.

Thanks!

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:33
There was I don't know it there still is a cheat - Convert Macros to VBA. Hand on heart that is how I learnt to use VBA and I haven't looked back.

Simon

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Today, 11:33
I reached a point where vba was needed, learn't it (easier then you think) and then had to convert many Macros to vba code.
Should have started with vba earlier.

With vba, you can start with simple tasks and then upgrade them as you learn.
The code can be broken down so you learn bits of it and get help with just the part that you need to.

You can Copy and Past code.

Use Functions - keep as many tasks as you can in your Modules rather then on a form eg printing complicated reports or sending emails.
This way, when you update the code you only need to do it once, not on the 6 forms you have it working:mad:

Create your own In House Functions - great way to save time and get data quickly that suits your business needs.

Just my observations from a ride on thenever ending Learning Curve:)

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:33
Well it’s difficult to compare VBA and macros without stating the Access version.

I have no experience with Access 2010 macros but have read that there are things they can do that VBA can’t.
I believe all instances of that are to do with programming web applications and I haven’t done that at all.

Chris.

Johnny Drama

In need of beer...
Local time
Yesterday, 16:33
Thanks for all the feedback...looks like it's time to really learn VBA

rbh1090

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:33
VBA offers much more functionality than macros is like comparing a bicycle with a Ferrari...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom