Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 11-08-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
aattas
Newly Registered User

aattas is on a distinguished road
Chart from crosstab

Experts
I have created a crosstab type of query. and I have created from it a report. wthin the report i created extra unbound fields with sum functions and division function.
next i wanted to created a chart to display the results from the unbound fields and no results. anybody tried the same and succeed . Help

aattas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,444 Times in 1,425 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Chart from crosstab

Hi. I could be wrong, but maybe charts need a data source bound to a table or query to work. Have you tried using a query to do your sum and division functions and maybe you can use that query for your chart?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
aattas
Newly Registered User

Thankyou for your prompt reply. I appreciate it very much. As a matter of fact, yes I tried to do the sum and division in the query, but because of its is crosstab nature, the report is not seeing it as a data or value. Everytime i tried the sum and div in query I get the message not aggregate or something. The result of sum and div only appears in the report .
Any suggestions will he appreciated.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #4
theDBguy
Iím here to help

I'm pretty sure we can help you figure it out. Can you show us what you have? Thanks.

|
|
Old 11-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,101 Times in 2,819 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Depending on what you are trying to sum and divide, you may need to do that from the original query. Possibly use DSum for the first of these.

However you should be able to do that in a group footer section of your report.
I regularly do that on crosstab reports for sum, count, max, average etc

Its certainly possible to create charts for crosstab queries

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #6
aattas
Newly Registered User

DBguy, what can I send you. Thanks.

Isladog. I never tried the Dsum. Can I have see example that I can replicate with my data.
The chart that I'm trying is in the footer.

Thanks very much
Old 11-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #7
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Can you post a sample copy of your db with test data?

|
|
Old 11-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #8
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,101 Times in 2,819 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aattas View Post
Isladog. I never tried the Dsum. Can I have see example that I can replicate with my data.
The chart that I'm trying is in the footer.

Thanks very much
There's a crosstab report with sums for each column in this example database
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=294548

That uses SUM rather than DSum. As we don't yet know your data, its hard to know which will work for you.

There are various screenshots of charts, some of which are based on crosstabs on my website. For example http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/s...ser/4584605482

Hope that helps

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: