Relationship Set Up (1 Viewer)

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
Hi All,
I have a new database in which the table set up doesn't seem to be working. I'm using the form frm_AddNewRA to enter data but i'm getting an error saying there's missing data in a related table. Could one or two of you wise people have a look and tell me what i need to change ?

Thanks a lot,
Em

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:40
I've just had a quick look
You have a one-many relationship with referential integrity between tblTasks and tblHazards and are attempting to add a new record in many side i.e. tblHazards.
However as the error message states there is no corresponding record in tblTasks.
You must populate that first.

I haven't studied your code but recommend you do not use SendKeys as it can be unreliable.

Also not sure what this does
Code:
Private Sub cmdForward_Click()
Me.ctlAttachment.Forward
End Sub

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Hi thanks for the reply. I'll remove the SendKeys code. I thought i had populated the record in tbl_Tasks when i type a task into the form...this is what's confusing me ?
The other piece of code is for cycling through the attachments using a command button

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:40
I'd also strongly advise against using the attachment datatype as it causes database bloat and can lead to problems as a result.

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not a fan of attachments either but i'm told this database will only have about 100 records at the most and each one will have a 50kb pdf file as an attachment so i think we'll be ok.

Still not sure why i'm getting the missing data error ?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:40
"Missing data" in tables having relational integrity usually means that you have a parent & child relationship between two tables and you are attempting to created an orphan child.

Emma35

Registered User.
Local time
Ah that's it...you put me on the right track. The parent child relationship between the two tables wasn't set up properly. I altered it and everything's fine. Thanks for your help guys.

Em x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom