30 day trial & Registration (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairy Farmer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:56
I have written a very simple form that allow a user to register their database.

Very simple (and probably easy to crack). You hake the changes where neccessary.

How it works:
On opening the database tow String Vaules are written to the registry. Version and DateInstalled
DateInstalled lets the user use the database for 30 days. Thereafter the registration form only allows closing the database or entering a registration number.
The product code is generated using the two String Values written to the registry. It's all explained in the code.
On successful registration a third String Value is written to the registry with the registration code.
On opening the database, if the registration code is correct, the registration page is ignored letting you use the database.

Suggestions:
Password protect the VBA
Make your database an accbe
Use Package Solution Wizard to make an install and convert accde to accdr, and force database to open using Runtimes.
Make sure the registration form in a popup and model so that it stays on top.

For you to do:
Change the sequence of the numbers before converting the codes to hex
Look at another way of converting the codes

Last edited by a moderator:

Dairy Farmer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:56
Updated: 30 Day Trial with Registration

I just did a bit more work on the file:
  • Fixed some of the comments in the code
  • Fixed the imput masks that were not quite right
  • Split the single Module into 4 modules. Easier to work out the code.
  • Version needs to be between 0.0.1 and 9.9.9 (where version major, version minor, and version build are single digits)

It now works nicely.

Anyone have comments on how to display the date in the Product Code? I just scrambled it up a bit. I was thinking of making another Registry String Value that is a random number, multiplying the date string by that number and scrambling the random number into the Product Code.

The other option was to use part of the GUID that is created by Package Solution Wizard when creating the installer as part of the Product Code.

Attachments

• UnLocker.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,841
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom