Pencil and paper (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billgyrotech

Banned
Local time
Today, 08:16
The pencil and paper method is so much better for small scale business. Since no real constructive help has been offered on here this will be the best way.

To the experts good luck :eek:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:16
Why do you say that? You have 52 other threads here, half of which are tagged [SOLVED].

Good luck to you as well.

billgyrotech

Banned
Local time
Access has too many issues for it to be practical and reliable is why I say this. Thanks for your wishes.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:16
I'm with June7; you've gotten a lot of constructive help here and elsewhere. As to Access having "too many issues for it to be practical and reliable", I and many others can point to Access applications running 24/7/365 for many years. Are there other tools? Of course, but I'd argue none allow you to develop a solid, reliable application as quickly.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:16
Access has too many issues for it to be practical and reliable is why I say this.
I'm assuming that you are not an Access expert so I'm not sure why you would blame Access. No platform is perfect for all application types. Perhaps you haven't been able to remove your spreadsheet cap and so haven't really understood the power that a relational database offers. I'm a professional developer and I have many years of experience with mainframe platforms prior to when I adopted Access in the mid 90's and I've never wanted to go back. I've developed hundreds of databases for large companies such as Readers' Digest, United Technologies(Hamilton Sunstrand, Pratt & Whitney, and Sikorsky), and Clairol as well as mom and pop operations. Some of them have hundreds of concurrent users (those have SQL Server BE's) and a number have been in operation for 10 + years and have databases with millions of records.

Access is a state of mind. It is a Rapid Application Development tool and in order to do things easily and quickly, it "helps" you. If you are not willing to do thing the "Access" way then Access is certainly not for you but I'd wager money that you won't find any other platform that YOU a non-programmer can even come close to understanding and be more productive with so as you say, Good luck with that.

But if you come to your senses, we're here and willing to help.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Since no real constructive help has been offered on here this will be the best way.

This statement is inappropriate and just wrong. A few members here have devoted hours of their FREE time to help you. Good, solid advice has been offered and yet somehow you declare yourself enough of an expert to judge the help you have received as “not really constructive”.

It is an insult. Pencil and paper IS your best way forward because I doubt anyone else here is going to be willing to assist after a statement like that.

billgyrotech

Banned
Local time
What good is bad coding that eventually fails? This is the case from you so called experts on here so no thank you for that. Waste someone else's time.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What good is bad coding that eventually fails? This is the case from you so called experts on here so no thank you for that. Waste someone else's time.

Presumably you won't ask for any more help from those of us with apps that have run successfully for decades so we won't have to worry about it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What good is bad coding that eventually fails?

I am reminded of that great line from the Christian Bale Batman trilogy. Why do we fall down? So we can pick ourselves up and carry on. If you expect us to write perfect code for you, remember that we are starting from imperfect knowledge of your problem. If you seriously expect perfect results from imperfect knowledge, you are living in a dream world.

This is the case from you so called experts on here so no thank you for that.

Given that we can only exchange vague notions of what you need using English without actually being able to examine your business processes, you should reasonably expect that what we offer can only get close to what you need. We are not here to write your app for you. We are volunteers who genuinely want to help people. But when you talk as you do, you make it sound like you expected a ready-to-go app to be built for you, and that is not merely unrealistic, it verges on stupidity. You can't even purchase over-the-counter software that works perfectly. Just watch how often they release patches and new versions. Heck, we are running on a Microsoft platform. How often do you get notified of new Windows patches? (Answer: They come out about every two weeks.)

Waste someone else's time.

You mean, like you wasted ours? Trust me, the feeling of the need to put some distance between us is mutual.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
When a person is ready to “toss in the towel”, they do it silently and simply disappear. This passive-aggressive stance is lame and a vain attempt at sympathy, probably in the hopes that someone will say “here, let me do that for you”

Wrong place to try that..

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:16
Back to your old true self I see. ?:banghead:

I for one will not miss you.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
I wonder what happens when he realizes he has to SHARPEN a pencil or it stops working? Will he get rid of it because its broken?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Fork?
Funk?
Fink?
Folk?
Fisk?

...I give up

Oh oh, call on me! I know it!! :p

billgyrotech, if you get this, and you may not given the interesting new email address you've given yourself ;), you HAVE gotten constructive help on various threads. You slap the people in the face who gave you that help by saying "no real constructive help has been offered" and you're surprised at their reaction? :rolleyes:

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
This is a person you cannot not have a reasonable discussion with because he thinks that he is right and everybody else is wrong.

I used to be married to someone like that. No matter what you do and how hard you try to please: all you get is grief.

Just remove him from this forum and be done with it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Go F**K Yourselves!!!

According to an old joke, I believe he is seeking to settle the dispute out of court.

Billy, the world is too full of grief already to harbor such hatred. While I don't care if you post again, I forgive you for your transgressions. Go in peace. I hope that one day you can find solutions for your problems.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
billgyrotech would have you believe that his personal difficulties, whatever they may be, are an excuse for his bad behaviour and this is evident from several of his replies. I know people who lost a spouse or son, and others who are going through cancer treatments. None of them were driven to act like a$$h013s due to their personal tragedy because it wasn't in their nature to begin with. That is the difference.

I'm no psychologist but have been involved with people (and their treatments) who have certain personality disorders and that's what I see here (a personality disorder). billgyrotech - I say this with all seriousness and some empathy - I'm fairly confident that there is a diagnosis and treatment for you. Maybe you should seek that out and it might become apparent to you that the whole world can't be wrong and that you are the common denominator in this equation. Then you might be more able to get positive results, not just here, but in your whole life.
Good luck.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I wonder what happens when he realizes he has to SHARPEN a pencil or it stops working? Will he get rid of it because its broken?

Well going on past form, he will be back asking someone to sharpen it for him, despite having successfully sharpened a pencil some 5 years back. :D roflmao

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I agree. Its time for Bill to leave this forum. We've all been very forgiving of past rudeness and have given extremely extensive support. In several cases, members have almost completely rewritten his apps to fix issue after issue. Yet whatever we do isn't good enough.
Time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom