Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
KenHigg

KenHigg has a spectacular aura about KenHigg has a spectacular aura about
Highlight row

I have a subform displaying multiple rows and what I need is to have it when a user selects a row (by clicking on the row selector or otherwise), the entire row high-lights so that the data is easy to read as it goes accross - Any ideas?

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ken

“You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”
KenHigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
MarkK
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,290 Times in 1,227 Posts
MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all
Ken:
In a datasheet you can use this...
Code:
Private Sub Form_Current()
   DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
End Sub
Mark
Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
TomatoJo

TomatoJo is on a distinguished road
Re: Highlight row

I would like to do the same thing but I'm confused how to use this (I am using Access 97 but it also seems to work in 2003.) I have a subform and I would like to highlight the row that the user clicks into. Which section of the subform (OnLoad? OnOpen? etc.) do I enter this code? I tried it in OnLoad and it highlight the first row, but doesn't highlight the row that I next click.

TomatoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
ghudson
Newly Registered User

ghudson has a spectacular aura about ghudson has a spectacular aura about ghudson has a spectacular aura about

Try the on got focus event of each field that the user can click then use the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord.

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion...

I am using Access 2010 with Windows 7

The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
function on this forum really does work.

.................................................. ......
ghudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
gemma-the-husky
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,028 Times in 994 Posts
gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all

i dont think you can do this in a continuous form.

each row has the same formatting/display properties

if a poster helps you, please click the scales at the bottom left of this posting, or use the thanks button alongside.
gemma-the-husky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: