XML Schema name not follow Access obj naming rule (1 Viewer)

alex_wnp

Local time
Today, 16:41
Hello,

I want to import a XML Schema to my access database, using Application.ImportXML method, but my XML Schema has a name as "ProductData.R1.message" which are not follow the access object naming rule. So the importing can not proceed.

error msg as below,

The object name 'ProductData.R1.message' you entered doesn't follow Microsoft Access object-naming rules.

How to solve it?

Thanks!

Br, alex

alex_wnp

Local time
Thanks Paul :)

Here comes the code for XML file, please be kindly noted that I replaced some real links (with "link") which contains the company info.
On my current level in forum, I can not add link in post.

Basically, this is a web page which I can use to check product detail informations. Information on this page are orgnized in XML format.
I want to build a database which can be used to maintain our product master data. Before I add a new product into the database via a form, I want to query this XML based web page in order to get suplementary product information.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<ProductData.R1.message type="response" xmlns:xsi="link" xmlns:ProductData="link">-<response RequestId="EDTCSDO2013-09-11-22:02:31.00289" Schema="PRODUCTRSTATES" operation="findProductRStates" serviceversion="R1" Service="FindProductData"><Application>URL:link</Application>-<product>-<MsgArea><RowNumber>1</RowNumber><message>PIFZZA1 I '"' DOES NOT EXIST.</message><Severity>I</Severity></MsgArea><ProductNumber>"</ProductNumber><ProductName> </ProductName><FuncDesignation/>-<ProductRstate><RState/><DesignResponsible/><ReleaseResponsible/><DSCode/><PRCode/><RECode/><PSCode/><ProductDataUrl/><ChSign/><ChDate/></ProductRstate></product></response></ProductData.R1.message>

alex_wnp

Local time
sample of XML link, dropped http...... since I can not post link

xxx.xxx/gup/find?prodNo=" & prodnbr_str & "&outputMimeType=XML

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 15:41
Okay playing around with it, the problem seems to be that MS Access does not like the use of DOT in Node elements.. In your case, ProductData.R1.message. If you had, ProductDataR1message - works fine.

I have not worked with XML parsing myself, but a quick look on Google seems to say something about using DOM objects or XML reference. It might help you get started. Sorry could not be of much help here.

alex_wnp

Local time
Exact, I think the "." here cause the problem, but unfortunately, that was the name in our system and nobody can change it.
I will try to dig into DOM objects or XML reference though I am quite new in access, xml or even programming areas......,:banghead:
Thanks a lot, Paul :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom