Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 06-15-2018, 05:35 AM   #16
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

lookforsmt is on a distinguished road
Re: Unable to perform dcount

yes you are right its 2 step verification.

lookforsmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 AM   #17
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 3,844 Times in 3,787 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

I'm thinking this type of thing, though you'd need to make the chgbrcd field visible:

Code:
If DCount("*", "[tbl_DailyData]", "[CreditAC] = '" & creditAccount_ac & "' And [dueDate] = #" & Format(Me.checkDate_ac, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "# AND chqbrcd = '" & Me.chqbrcd & "'") > 0 Then

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #18
Cronk
Newly Registered User

Cronk will become famous soon enough

Rather than duplicating data into a temporary table, add the fields holding the check date and the user to the main data table.

If you want, hide the checking fields for the user inputting data and make them visible for the second set of eyes checking the data.

You'll need to have all table fields on the form, especially the primary key field.

At the moment, it is not possible to add data because your validity checking code with the Dcount includes the field DueDate, which is not on the form.

Incidentally, you do not need the sub form. The unbound controls at the top could be put in the header section of a continuous form.

Cronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:19 PM   #19
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

Thanks Cronk for the suggestions. Let me clarify those in line with that:

PHP Code:
Rather than duplicating data into a temporary tableadd the fields holding the check date and the user to the main data table.

If 
you wanthide the checking fields for the user inputting data and make them visible for the second set of eyes checking the data.

You'll need to have all table fields on the form, especially the primary key field. 
Temp table was created to avoid db performance, first the daily volumes goes more than 1000 records with overall total of more than 1.5K in the given table. Secondly there would be these same fields available in the main table. Once the user inputs in the temp table, it would be inserted in the main table by using update query.

PHP Code:
At the momentit is not possible to add data because your validity checking code with the Dcount includes the field DueDatewhich is not on the form.

Incidentallyyou do not need the sub formThe unbound controls at the top could be put in the header section of a continuous form
i can create a duedate date field in the temp table for the user so he can input before capturing the data.

if the above approach can be adopted?
Old 06-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #20
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

Dear pbaldy,

i have put the dcount code, but because i have kept unbound fields on my main form, i guess it is a bit inconsistency. currently the combination is: dueDate + chqbrcd + crediAccount_ac

if you can let me know if have to exclude the dueDate and keep only chqbrcd + creditAccount_ac. How can i write this dcount code
Old 06-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #21
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

HI! i have managed to get the desired results but may not be the correct method

i have attached the updated db. Just one final check on the before update event
on field chqbrcd on the mainform. If anyone can help me to restrict input of number as 1st two characters. The code is already there i just need to change it
Attached Files
File Type: accdb FieldValidation_2c.accdb (528.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #22
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 3,844 Times in 3,787 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

I'm not clear on the question. The only code I see right off dealing with first two characters is on the subform, not the main form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #23
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

Hi! pbaldy, i have moved the beforeupdate event to the main form on field name "searchFor" but i am not able to get the result.

I am looking for matching the below:

The user will input the "duedateFor" and "chqbrcd" on the mainform and input in field "creditAccount_ac" on subform. If the same is matching in "tbl_DailyData" then it will accept or else it will pop-up msg as invalid input.

Before that when capturing "chqbrcd" if the starting alphabet is not "EN" then it popup msg as invalid input

hope the above is clear.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #24
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

HI! i managed to get the name displayed on the main form from the table.

Quote:
accountName_ac.Value = DLookup("[ACName]", "[tbl_DailyData]", "chqbrcd =" & Chr(34) & SearchFor.Value & Chr(34))
What if i want to add some more fields from the same table on to the main form. How can i write this code.
Any sugggestions
Old 06-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #25
Cronk
Newly Registered User

If your aim is to ensure that there is no more than one record with the same values in DueDate, CreditAC, and chqbrcd, I would create a unique index using all three fields.

Access will then prevent a duplicate being saved in the table.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:20 AM   #26
lookforsmt
Newly Registered User

The idea is for the user to input some of the fields and view some of the fields on an unbound field. I managed to apply the same code to the other fields to be visible on form.

I may not be doing this project in a structured way, but as long as i am getting my result, it fine for the moment, but i may look at it once i get this completed.

Thanks for suggestion.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #27
Cronk
Newly Registered User

I know what you mean about the end is more important than the means. I have been known to knock a nail in using the head of a pair of pliers (seriously) - works but not the best way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: