Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 10-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
JCapp
Newly Registered User

JCapp is on a distinguished road
Creating a VBA Subreport in Access

Good evening all,
I am new to using VBA in Access and have been tasked with creating updates for a tool at work. They want as much as possible to be based on VBA code due to the size of the tool/database we're working with.
I have a main report that displays the top 25 systems based off of a group number variable. I have another report that displays the top 25 part numbers that all belong to a certain group number. What I need to do is create a Subreport in VBA code for when the Group Report loads (on load) for the part numbers Report to be listed under their corresponding group number.
I know how to insert the subreport and all of that inside access itself and it works beautifully, but that's not what they're looking for. I also need to create a little plus thingy (very technical term) in the top left corner of the subreport to collapse or expand it, but I can manage that.....I think haha. Thanks for any input you guys can provide.

JCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
JHB
Have been here a while

Location: In the south of Denmark (Jutland), near the German border.
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,927 Posts
JHB has a spectacular aura about JHB has a spectacular aura about
Re: Creating a VBA Subreport in Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCapp View Post
..They want as much as possible to be based on VBA code due to the size of the tool/database we're working with.
I can't follow that statement, why do they think a lot of VBA code should reduce the database size versus an already created report?
What really increases a database in size, is if images are stored direct in a MS-Access database, or if queries are run where many data are involved, that really bloat a MS-Access database, (therefore remember to do a Compact & Repair).
Remember a report is more a static view of data, (printed on paper), I you want something to expand/collapse then use a form.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: