pad blank lines on report (1 Viewer)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:13
sonebidy ask this question a week ago abiut Lissandrinis code.
this is the fix, Report1.

Attachments

• Lessandrini_Blank_Lines.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 123

deletedT

Local time
Today, 13:13
I know this post is a little old, but since a recent post was addressing this sample database, I thought I better add this.

Just as a side note:
I think you've forgotten to concern about the room for Max possible lines per page.

• In case of rptRenewals Multiple pages, it seems that with selected paper size, 24 records can be printed per page. If you choose 25 and open the report, first page contains 24 records (because there's no more space), page two shows only 1 record and union fails to print blank lines.
  • In case of rptRenewals SIngle page, it seems you have room only for 29 records to be printed if you want to have a clean report. If you choose 30 and open the report, 25 records are printed, then 5 blank rows. You have a lot of free space at bottom and page two contains only the footer.

The main purpose of adding blank records is to fill a half filled with data page with blank rows to keep the balance of the printed page which in either of above situation the sample database fails and the result is some how odd.

All said, I wanted to thank you for taking your time and putting it together.
Up to now, I used to copy the data to a temp table and add additional rows and print the report based on the temp table to have blank lines in my report and fill the whole page.

I used your idea with some modifications to do the same task.
I appreciate all your efforts to share your experience and knowledge here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom