Form Help Please! (1 Viewer)

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:08
Hi,

I am attempting to create a form in which I can automatically receive a list of records based on my desired criteria. To further explain, say I am creating a database containing construction projects. I have about 20 characteristics which may or may not apply to each project. I want to make it easy to find which characteristics are present in each project. So say I am looking for projects which only contain characteristics such as drainage work, pavement work and sign structures. I want to be able to be able to create a form where the end user can easily find out which construction projects contain these characteristics. Please let me know if you are able to understand and answer my question or if there is need for clarification! Thank you!

Best,
Rajan

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:08
Thanks so much for your input. I am attaching a link with a demo of something that looks like what I have but much more simplified. Basically from here I am trying to create a form where I can make an input into each box and have those results display those certain characteristics. Going back to my previous example, I want to find a way for the form to display my information based on my selections so kind of a lookup form but with multiple criteria with room for such criteria to change. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Demo.accdb
    448 KB · Views: 74

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 14:08
Quick answer would be to open your form as a Split Form and allow the users to use the built in functions. This is a one minute change that can give you a basic idea of what is already supported by ACCESS. If this isn't sufficient, then we can help with more elaborate methods.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:08
Did you review the article I posted link for?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:08
Your table structure is more suited to an Excel spreadsheet than an Access database. Every time a new item such as Electrical, Plastering etc is needed you have to add a new field.
Suggest you read up about normalising data in tables so as to do this more efficiently

Even with this structure, you could improve the table design by using boolean datatype for all 5 fields where you are entering yes/no values.
Also recommend that you
a) don't have spaces in field names e.g. use ProjectName, ProjectDescription
b) Name the ID field ProjectID so its more meaningful

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom