Frame on subform won't update (1 Viewer)

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:39
Hi,

I have a form with a sub-form on it. The sub-form is not bound to the parent/main form. The sub-form only has one contol on it, a Frame with three option buttons. If the sub-form is opened by itself, I can pick any of the three option buttons. If I place the sub-form on a blank form, I can pick any of the three option buttons. If I place the sub-form on the 'real' form, I can't change any of the option buttons. I don't think this makes any difference but the 'real' form is a Switchboard form. I have a continuous form on the Switchboard and it is unbound and I don't have any problems.

Any ideas why I can't update the option buttons?

Thanks,

Chuck

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:39
Hi Chuck. How exactly are you adding the subform to the real main form.

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Hi DBG, I add the subform to the real main form by just dragging and dropping into the design view of the main form.

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Update, problem solved. On the main Switchboard, on the data tab of the properties, there is an option "Allow Edits". It was turned off. Turning it on allows the sub form to be able to accept changes to the options. I'm not sure why a setting like this on the main form impacts the sub form, but it did.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:39
Update, problem solved. On the main Switchboard, on the data tab of the properties, there is an option "Allow Edits". It was turned off. Turning it on allows the sub form to be able to accept changes to the options. I'm not sure why a setting like this on the main form impacts the sub form, but it did.
Hi Chuck. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:39
...I'm not sure why a setting like this on the main form impacts the sub form, but it did...

That's because a Subform is a Control on the Main Form...and if AllowEdits on the Main Form is set to False...you cannot Edit any Control on the Main Form...including the Subform Control. The Access Gnomes consider doing anything to the Form that occupies the Subform to be editing it.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom