Custom Primary Key (1 Viewer)

sparklegrrl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:03
Good afternoon,

I've searched the forum and I know this has come up but I'm having trouble finding exactly what I need. My apologies if I am searching the wrong thing.

I have a primary key/auto number field that I need to format as the year and number. For example - 18-00000. Each year it needs to reset to 0.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

sparklegrrl

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. Not sure how to make all that work. Are you saying create another field? How does it know to reset to 19-0000 on 1/1/19?

Dreamweaver

Local time
I might addapt that funcion very bussy at moment with projects but will try and give it a go on sunday.

sparklegrrl

Registered User.
Local time
I might addapt that funcion very bussy at moment with projects but will try and give it a go on sunday.

Absolutely no worries. I appreciate any and all help! I'm fine with just auto number but the boss wants what the boss wants...*sigh*

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Have the autonumber as your primary keys to link any relationships.
Create your 'dummy' key to please your boss and be more visible/familiar to the users, but at the end of the day it is the autonumber that does all the work in the background.

This question has been asked before in one form or another. How/When you decide to 'reset' it, is up to you/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom