Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries

Old 11-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
Hiba87
Newly Registered User

Hiba87 is on a distinguished road
Please help!

How could I hide the Access splash screen, so the database appears as finalized/executable?

Thanks in advance

Hiba87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
MickJav
Newly Registered User

MickJav is on a distinguished road
Re: Please help!

Think you have to create a stand alone product package but never done that myself
Old 11-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,592 Posts
isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

Actually it's surprisingly easy to remove the Access splash screen.
Create a .bmp file with the same name as your database file and save it in the same folder.
The bmp file doesn't need to contain a picture - it can be an empty file.
Run your app as usual and the Access splash screen doesn't appear.

To compile your Access file so the code isn't available to end users, it must be saved as an ACCDE file.
This is sometimes wrongly referred to as an Access executable.
However, there is no such thing as a standalone Access app.
You can choose to hide the navigation pane, ribbon and the application window if you wish but Access will still be running in the background

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Gasman (11-10-2018), MickJav (11-11-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,175 Times in 1,075 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Colin is right. Creating a .BMP file allows you to build your own customized splash screen. I built a "corporate" logo to replace the Access splash and that worked really well.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #5
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
Colin is right. Creating a .BMP file allows you to build your own customized splash screen. I built a "corporate" logo to replace the Access splash and that worked really well.

Thats the best thing I've learnt since joining just got a new task to do lol thanks colin/doc_man
Old 11-11-2018, 01:31 AM   #6
MickJav
Newly Registered User

I use office 365 and sorry to say didn't work addached pic just so you can see where I may have messed up
Attached Images
File Type: png 2018-11-11.png (7.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-11-2018, 01:45 AM   #7
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

The BMP file can indeed be used as a splash form in its own right as Doc suggests. If it's empty (or a 1x1 pixel image), it won't be seen so it just suppresses the Access splash screen and goes straight to the app itself.

I generally use the latter method, sometimes with a 'dynamic' splash form in the app itself. For example, see my Currency Exchange Rate Tracker

Website links:

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
Old 11-11-2018, 02:04 AM   #8
MickJav
Newly Registered User

for some reason it's not working for me even with a aacdb
Old 11-11-2018, 03:57 AM   #9
isladogs
Part time moderator

With modern processors the bmp file may open & close very fast.
Now that's fine if you use an empty BMP file as I do as it means the app opens directly with no splash screen

If however you use a 'real BMP image' as a splash form it may not stay open long enough to do what you expect.

BTW - my currency tracker doesn't include a BMP file after all - my mistake

Website links:

Colin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: