Stan Lee - Invention of Superhero rising above (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 02:51
Made it to 95! His humor, his vision, his character(s)
The guy was often just makeing ends meet, not just deadlines.
So many in his profession, die with no memory.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
I listened to the new MS Access / SQL Server presentation tonight. They are finally trying to fix Access. VBA still surviving, wow!
My history working for the Dept of Health, that now regulates Hemp in Colorado and my engineering experience lead me to being a Hemp consultant.
We regulate THC and CBD. My expertiese is 100% pure CBD products 0.0% THC. We just closed first deal for a national store chain. I work on improving the grenhouses, water, the harvet process, the labs and on new product designs.
Lots of trips to the mountains. Our grows are at 6,500 feet in altitude and higher for purity.
I had to watch the new Access release tonight. Thinking about Stan Lee and all the others who are leaving a legacy.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:51
Hi Rx
Not sure how you migrated so effortlessly from Stan Lee (RIP) to THC & CBD :D
Or is it that MS are finally aiming 'high' with the future of Access?

Do you have a link for the MS presentation you watched?

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Worth watching. Access waited 10 years to finally update things like Linked Table Manager, Graphing Objects, ...
Instead of the old failed Web attempt.
This is a Must Watch. I will enjoy your comments.
The SKYPE showed it was recorded, and I think he said the session would be available later.

Join me on November 13 with a special guest: Michal Bar from the Access team!
Posted: 12 Nov 2018 09:06 AM PST
Join me tomorrow November 13th at 6:30 PM live via web conference as I host Michal Bar, Senior Program Manager for MS Access at our monthly AUG meeting, come hear the latest Access news and learn about the revamped Link Table Manager! For more info: https://accessusergroups.org/sql-server-with-access/event/375-2018-11-13/

The post Join me on November 13 with a special guest: Michal Bar from the Access team! appeared first on Access developer.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:51
Hi
I skim watched the video with Michal Bar last night.
I agree that its well worth watching
She is certainly a very positive asset in the Access development team and gives the impression that she really does care about user feedback.
Apparently MS have learned their lesson and will no longer be removing features used by many e.g. pivot tables/charts.
Hmmm...really?

Five things were covered in the video - I've already used the first three
1. New linked table manager - much better
2. Modern charts - a massive disappointment to me but the video suggests I've missed some of its capabilities e.g replacement for pivot charts
3. New black and dark grey themes - great for those blinded by brilliant white background but after two days I went back to the existing themes.

So far not enough to tempt me away from A2010

Two more items on the roadmap.
4. Integration with Microsoft Graph - I know this is a big development area for MS so hopefully this will be a meaningful addition
5. Direct handling of JSON files (similar to that for XML) - hooray! After rejecting this for over two years they've changed their minds. This could be a huge benefit though at present for a niche market. I'm happy with the idea even though it will eventually make my own JATFA app redundant.

However, MS are still not going to add a version of Power Query to Access - apparently for technical reasons whatever that means

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:51
Stan Lee will certainly be missed. It's going to be sad seeing his cameo in the new Avengers movie and realizing it's the last time we'll see him with his classic one-liner. At least his legacy should have a long life with Disney's backing. Hopefully, they keep the momentum going for years to come.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:51
If we are talking about legacies, Stan Lee left behind a big one.

One could imagine an anachronistic conversation between Stan Lee and Walt Disney regarding the purpose of entertainment in our lives. And the money to be made when providing it. In the end, stories endure and are popular because they strike a chord somewhere within us.

Walt Disney had his heroes and heroines from a kinder, gentler time. Stan's heroes and heroines came from a rougher, grittier time. But they provided us with icons to ignite the dreams of children everywhere. Plus igniting dreams in a few folks who still remember their childhood.

R.I.P. Stan, R.I.P. Walt.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
my engineering experience lead me to being a Hemp consultant.

Yeah, right. I'll bet you didn't inhale during those engineering classes either.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
The Regulatory side here has the two sides: THC type and the CBD Hemp type.
So, my specialty is in the CBD side.
The certified lab test for the products have 0.0% THC.
Don't let my white duds and pleasant demeanor fool ya. I, too, have been known to violate the statutes of man... and not a few of the laws of the Almighty!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Speaking of hemp, we used to accuse my dad of smoking a rope. But in his case, it was just a big, thick stogie of domestic tobacco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom