Grow Shrink Textboxes within a Label (1 Viewer)

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:35
I know I'm going about this all wrong but I'm trying to build a report that is actually a memorandum. It will get specific data from a form but much of the body will remain the same.
The problem is, I'd like to insert fields within the body of a paragraph that would grow and shrink the whole paragraph.
I've been using Labels for the body of the paragraph and then inserting the textboxes within the Label. Of course this does not work which I didn't think it would. Sample image attached.
Can someone help me out with this?
Thanks,
Brad

Attachments

• access issue paragraph.jpg
    access issue paragraph.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 64

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 05:35
I would take a look at MailMerge. You can Google and see lots of videos how to do it. It allows you to make word form letters and pull data from Access.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:35
I suggest you build a caption string by concatenating the text and the field values.
You might find it helpful to use variables for the two field values
For example

Me.labelname.caption ="if the tribe ....you by " & #" & dteRespondBy & "# & vbcrlf & "Please ...Project Officer " & '" & strProjOff & "' & "....."

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Isladogs,
I get what you are saying but, where do I input the string,
Me.labelname.caption ="if the tribe ....you by " & #" & dteRespondBy & "# & vbcrlf & "Please ...Project Officer " & '" & strProjOff & "' & "....."

Using a Label or Textbox?

Thanks for the help.
Brad

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:35
You need to set the variables in the calling form
Then try adding that caption code to the Detail_Format event on your report assuming that label is in the detail section.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:35
I just use a textbox and expression in ControlSource to concatenate literal text with fields. Example:

="For the subject period, the Central Region Materials Laboratory performed materials testing for " & [CountOfStateNum] & " projects, completing testing of " & Count([LabNum]) & " samples on which were performed " & Sum([CountOfTestNum]) & " tests generating a total of $" & Format(Sum([SumOfRevenue]),"0,000") & " in test charges."

You might want to use a textbox for each paragraph.

Of course, if the literal text is lengthy, as in thousands of characters, Word Merge might be better approach.

Last edited:

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks guys! I ended up utilizing June7's solution which works perfectly!
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom