What is the easiest wayto do a daily calculation for a field in a table!! (1 Viewer)

myme

Local time
Today, 11:17
I am having a problem doing a daily calculation for a certain field within table. Here is my scenario: I have a table w/ the folling fields

intSNC curBalIn SumOfcurPayment PBal interest Total
36349 $1,000.00 $166.00 $834 $.34 $992.24

I want to be able to pull the current interest owed and multiply the PBal by .1, then divide by 365 and add the interest to the new interest and then put back the total interest back into the interest field and do this daily. What is the easiest way to do it. I been trying with queries and can't seem make it do what i want it to do. thanks

Parker

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:17
myme said:
I am having a problem doing a daily calculation for a certain field within table. Here is my scenario: I have a table w/ the folling fields

intSNC curBalIn SumOfcurPayment PBal interest Total
36349 $1,000.00 $166.00 $834 $.34 $992.24

I want to be able to pull the current interest owed and multiply the PBal by .1, then divide by 365 and add the interest to the new interest and then put back the total interest back into the interest field and do this daily. What is the easiest way to do it. I been trying with queries and can't seem make it do what i want it to do. thanks

Put something like this as an expresion in your query.
Sum(CLng([PBal])*(0.1/100)/365)

Then add the result of this to your interest colum in the same query.

Next I would run another query on theis first query and within it take the new value generated by this query and add it too PBal to get the new total owed.

Use this second query to append your origonal table with the new values. next time you run this pair of qrys they will run on the updated values and so on and so forth.

You could then set this to run automatically at acertain time of day. BUT if you do this you need to include an audit trail so that the transactions can be back checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom