Totals Query - Return Data Set between Two Dates (1 Viewer)

DaveCollins181

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:03
Hi All, I am trying to create a Totals Query which returns a data set between two dates. So far I have managed to select the data I want (Please see attached screenshot). However, I only want to select records between a date range working on my field [DueDate]. If I add the due date field to the current query then it removes the grouping and all records are displayed. Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks David.

Attachments

• DesignView.JPG
    DesignView.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Data View.jpg
    Data View.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 122

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I am not following you. It seems to return exactly what you asked for. Maybe not what you wanted. Could you show the SQL?

DaveCollins181

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Paul, yes the data is showing exactly what I need. However, only want to show the data for certain months EG: from 01-06-2015 to 31-07-2015. I dont want to show all records in the database. Hope this makes sense? Regards David.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
add another column for duedate, change the 'group by' to 'where' and in the criteria put

between startdate and enddate

replace startdate and enddate with either hard coded dates or reference to form controls

don't forget that access works on us style dates i.e. mm/dd/yyyy

DaveCollins181

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Paul & CJ, I have added the DueDate to the next column and have added the Where clause. This has given the exact result which I am looking for. Thank you both for your help. Regards David.

Attachments

• Design2.JPG
    Design2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 132

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
you might find your query is more efficient if you change groupby to where for jobactive and move the criteria for jobreference to another 'where' column like duedate.

reason is 'where's are processed first, limiting the amount of data to be grouped. 'Having's (where you have a criteria on the group by) are processed after all data is received and grouped - so you will have grouped all job references and then filtered them (although I expect someone will say the query optimiser recognises this anyway). 'Having's are normally used for non group by columns - e.g. count, sum, etc - so you can find for example where count(duedates)>10

DaveCollins181

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks CJ, I have changed these from Group to Where. Also thanks for the advice on the where clause as I haven't used it before so you explanation will assist when I am making future queries. Regards David :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom