Datasheet form refresh issue (1 Viewer)

GoodyGoody

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:46
Hi, I'm new to Access (but not coding) and have a datasheet which is just populated from a table. I have put a macro behind the 'ID' field so the user can click the ID field and it runs the Macro to bring up eitther a New Record or to edit the existing record. When I click the 'New' link and add a record, despite having used the 'Refresh' command in the Macro it doesn't the new record to the visible list. I also tried the Requery command but that doesn't seem to help either. There's a 'Refresh All' option on the menu bar which does do the trick so can someone tell me what the Macro version of 'Refresh All' is please? many thanks
Stephen

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:46
Hi. Are you saying the macro is calling a popup form? Is this from one of the available MS Templates?

Can you post a screenshot of your macro for us? Thanks.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Did you try the Requery *without* any argument ?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Not sure what to say.
I just created a datasheet form.
I created a form for data entry.
I created a macro with the follwoing steps

Open form to add a new record in dialog mode
Close form, though I did close it with the X
Requery on it's own

I ran this query from a double click of the ID control on the table and the new data appears as I would expect.? :confused:

HTH

GoodyGoody

Registered User.
Local time
I was running both Refresh and ReQuery and they seem to interfere with each other. Just Requery on its own works a treat so thank you for checking. :)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

GoodyGoody

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. It's getting there. It's all coming flooding back! Have a weird issue at the moment with a corrupt query. I've tried re-writing it from scratch, repairing the front and back end all to no avail. Very odd...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks. It's getting there. It's all coming flooding back! Have a weird issue at the moment with a corrupt query. I've tried re-writing it from scratch, repairing the front and back end all to no avail. Very odd...
Have you seen this?

GoodyGoody

Registered User.
Local time
...I hadn't so thanks for pointing it out. Glad I'm not going mad. However, tried downloading and updating it and it says it's already installed. :(

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
...I hadn't so thanks for pointing it out. Glad I'm not going mad. However, tried downloading and updating it and it says it's already installed. :(
Downloading and updating what? The fix is to "unistall" the MS update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom