Question Write Conflict Message (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:41
I have changed record source of a form from single table to a query that joins two tables.
I also had to set Cascade Updates in the relationship between the two tables in order to be able to edit the PK field on a form.
After these changes, when I try and edit PK field from form I'm getting this message (atached).
Is there a way to turn this message off or somehow change it?
In my current situation it's not event true, because I'm the only user at the moment trying to change the record.
My application will, however, be working in multiuser environment so maybe some time this conflict could appear, and maybe I would need a way to process it and inform the user(s) instead of turning it off. Can someone share a thought on this case?
I've done some reading since posting this message, and regarding what I have read, I have to say, that I've set form's record lock property to edit record, and now I'm getting error message "3218 - Could not update. Currently locked".
Does this have to do something with the query as forms record source? It's confusing because I'm the only one opening one form and trying to edit record.
How can I see who (what) is locking this record beside me?
Thank You.

Attachments

• WriteConflictErr.JPG
    WriteConflictErr.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 115
  • frmRSquery.jpg
    frmRSquery.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:41
You are trying to edit the record in more than one place at a time. That is the meaning of the message. One example is where someone has a bound form which they are on and have a record showing. Then they run a SQL Statement to update one of the fields and then get the message because they had also made a change to one of the bound fields.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:41
ALSO -

You SHOULD NOT be having both of these tables as the recordsource for a single form. The one on the left should be the main form and the one on the right ( the many) should be a SUBFORM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom