Help to generate QR Code (1 Viewer)

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:30
HI! i am clueless as to which file do i need to check. i a trying to understand how this works from reading your posts.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:30
HI! i am clueless as to which file do i need to check. i a trying to understand how this works from reading your posts.

Lol. I'm not surprised as the thread is so long..

The one that worked for me was June's version from post 30 though I had to decompile it first.
I used that to create the QR code I uploaded to post 31.
I've not gone through the code so can't tell you how it works other than most of the heavy lifting is done in Excel.

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
HI! Thanks Arnelgp, June, Ridders and all those who were involved to create the QR code.
I have copied June's db from post#30.

i have done more than 50 alphanumeric and also reduced the size and able to read the QR from my mobile app. Thanks again for the help.

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Just one more thing, how do i generate multiple QR codes at one go. If i need to create 100 QR codes, practically it is not possible to hit 100 times. If it is possible similar to db posted in post # 22 (xlQRCode.zip ) where i hit the btn "Sample QR Save To Table" and it run each field and create QR code

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:30
In VBA open a recordset object of the values and loop through recordset records.

Replaced file in post 30 again.

Last edited:

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the advice, but if someone can help me to write the code. I am absolute dummer in writing codes.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 08:30
The code to create multiple QR codes is already there. Look at the most recent file that June replaced in post #30. There is a button named Mutiple QRCode that will loop through Table1 and create a QR code image for each record.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
But I removed all the records. You can import data. Or implement code in your database.

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks June. was checking the wrong file. Thanks everyone for the help. Will close the thread now as Solved

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
June
Suggest your solution from post #30 is added to sample databases (after decompiling first)

Thanks to both arnel for providing the original code & yourself for adapting it until it finally worked

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:30
Havr shames to to yourselves!
See post #1, it worked for the very first op.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
But it didn't work for anyone else involved in this thread.
I checked it when post #1 was written

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Already did decompile/compile on posted file. Don't need to decompile again, do I?

Thanks for suggestion to put in sample dbs. Will look into that.

Think I found the no-VBA workbook @arnelgp referenced. It opens without sheets displayed. Oddly, I can see the workbook sheets in Windows Explorer preview. Weird, never seen that before. Had to click View>Window>Arrange>Tile
http://blog.ambor.com/2013/03/create-qr-codes-in-excel-or-any.html

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Already did decompile/compile on posted file. Don't need to decompile again, do I?

Thanks for suggestion to put in sample dbs. Will look into that.

Think I found the no-VBA workbook @arnelgp referenced. I downloaded it but have issues. Oddly, I can see the workbook sheets in Windows Explorer preview but the workbook opens with no sheets. Weird, never seen that before. Had click View>Window>Arrange>Tile
http://blog.ambor.com/2013/03/create-qr-codes-in-excel-or-any.html

Hi

I hadn't realised you'd updated it in post #30 ... including the multiple images button. Just tried it on my desktop & it worked well - no phantom break points any more

My only suggestions would be to do one or more of the following
a) set hourglass true after clicking the multiple QR button and possibly add a progress bar or on screen message whilst the code is running
b) add a message when done e.g. 100 new QR codes have been added to the folder QRImages

Oddly I just tried the same version on my Windows tablet.
The earlier one worked fine but this version froze the tablet so I had to reboot.
When I tried again, it first threw an automation error - 2147417851 followed by error 91 'object variable ... not set'. That happened with both of the buttons. The error location is the first Sheets line in the With gxlWB section.

I won't have time to investigate the cause of the tablet error today or to look at the link you provided
Suggest you go ahead and post to sample dbs when you're happy with it.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:30
You stop ridder. Thats why you got kick ou of UA because you are pre empting. You can post the code in post #26 but not my db. Just because somebody modified it with a short line doesnt make it his own.
If you are happy with the mmodification keep it. dont post it ad if you own it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@arnelgp

Why are you so stroppy?
Your own code included the xlsm file that someone else created.

I thanked you for posting your original code & your subsequent involvement.
If all you can do is make critical comments, then I would think about the impression you create by doing so in this forum

Also to make it absolutely clear, I haven't posted anything other than screenshots & a QR image in this thread & have no intention of doing so.
Feel free to go back & check.
In fact I've not actually studied the code in any version - yours or June's

All I've done is test different versions as this thread proceeded & provided feedback

June adapted the code you provided & got it working.
That's why it would be useful in sample db

Also being as you're not the owner of UA, you do not have the right to comment on my ex-membership either.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Last version uses public variables for Excel objects. Wonder why tablet would have an issue with that.

@arnelgp
You are welcome to create a thread in Sample Databases forum. Include both your and my versions.

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
I want to step in here. Want to thank everyone here, particularly Mr Arnelgp Sir, as he was the one who actually said that he would like to help me create one and initiated a sample db. Unfortunate it did not work for many of us including Mr. Ridders also, I think so. Mr. June also tried but it was giving error in the beginning.

I am just trying to be honest in my statement and you all are doing amazing work here by helping one another.

God bless you all. cheers

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I want to step in here. Want to thank everyone here, particularly Mr Arnelgp Sir, as he was the one who actually said that he would like to help me create one and initiated a sample db. Unfortunate it did not work for many of us including Mr. Ridders also, I think so. Mr. June also tried but it was giving error in the beginning.

I am just trying to be honest in my statement and you all are doing amazing work here by helping one another.

God bless you all. cheers

I think all of us would like to thank you for your reply :)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:30
I see Tony has been on this thread-- just wanted to point out that he (Uncle Gizmo) provided some QR links in an older thread--
https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=283381
--they may be useful to someone who happens upon this thread.

I realize that the current issue has been resolved and that June has posted a sample database in the Sample Database area. Just adding this comment for completeness since I didn't see any mention of that existing post in this forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom