Question Removing stuff from Run-Time version of database (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:29
I've created .accde version of database and then renamed it in .accder.
When I start the database in the lower right corner of the status bar I see this MS Access reminder:
http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt65/AndyGordon80/03.jpg

Is there I way to turn this message?

Thank You.

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:29
Here is another question. I'll post it here.
It also involves the Run-Time version of access database.

When the database opens, I get this message:

I know what it means, but I don't know can it be turned off and how to do it?

Thank You.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 17:29
For your second question, the answers are here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345621033.aspx

-I think it's because the runtime doesn't have a trust center built in (like the one in the full version of Access that enables you to just tell it all the content in location X is trustworthy) - so you have to digitally sign your database instead

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:29
Fair enough - I guess that would mean packaging the installation if you're going to deploy that to Joe Public though, wouldn't it?

If you were deploying to the public then you would want to have an install package with the registry settings too. It is possible to do and you can use INNO SETUP to script things (I've not used it, but seen it and it is much more powerful, and still free, than the Microsoft Packaging in the 2007 SDK).

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:29
I recall reading somewhere that the removal of "Powered by Access" and the Access logo from the status bar is expressly forbidden in the licence agreement. I believe it cannot leagally be removed from a packaged application.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:29
I recall reading somewhere that the removal of "Powered by Access" and the Access logo from the status bar is expressly forbidden in the licence agreement. I believe it cannot leagally be removed from a packaged application.

Found it. In the Access 2007 Runtime licence agreement.
The Status bar with "Powered By Access" and the logo MUST be displayed at all times.

Removing it or supressing the display of the Status bar would thus be an illegal hack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom