How's your church doing? (1 Viewer)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 05:07
Very few young people have much regard for a dogma that tells them they can't do things they like to do.

It's funny you should mention that, our pastor talked about that very thing just the other day. :cool:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 11:07
When I hear comments about Muslim's having more potential for Terrorism I remind myself that here, in the South West Asia Pacific, we have Indonesia.

A Country of some 220 million people which is Dominated by Muslims, their Religion and beliefs. Over crowded cities and low in the world per capita wealth charts.
Yet very little by way of "trouble" exists.

I know of the Bali Bombings but compare this to what has come from other areas with a fraction of the population Indonesia has.

My point is. This Terrorism problem doesn't appear to be so "Muslim" based as some people would have us believe.

Before 9/11 the Oklahoma bombing was USA's worst Act of Violence yet Timothy could have walked around Ground Zero and not be stopped by anyone. Two peaceful people are targeted because of their looks and or clothing??
To put this into context a senior british muslim said on the radio a couple of years ago that although most muslims were not terrorists it was a sad fact that most terrorists were muslims. Unfortunately the vast majority of muslims get tarred by the stereotypic reports in the popular press.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Are The Beatles still more popular than Jesus?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
probably....they're for sure more dead than he. :D

Death is a sure way of gaining more popularity. Just look at Elvis and that paedophile freak Jackson.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that Paul and Ringo were dead.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Terrorism has close links to religion because of what Kierkagaard referred to as 'The teleological suspension of the ethical'.

Basically if God tells you to do something that seems to conflict with the ethical then God's request supercedes the ethical because He is the higher authority. This is demonstrated in the Abraham and Isaac story.

All it takes is an individual or group to believe that they are being instructed by God to perform a terrorist act for the above logic to be applied.

Kids are told not to run with scissors but are tutored on what to do if God requests a human sacrifice. It starts to get very surreal when you approach the subject from this angle.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
actually Pete Best - Ringo's predecessor as drummer - is still alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom