Form Field shows #Name? (1 Viewer)

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
Hello everyone! Reaching out for help again, I have a form that is based on a crosstab query, and looks like this (Image attached) when the query does not have results for example in "High" column. How do I get it to show nothing if the query has nothing instead of it showing "#Name?"?

Thank you everyone in advance!

:)

Attachments

• pichelp2.JPG
    pichelp2.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 50

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:45
Hi. Unfortunately a #Name? error means the reference can't be resolved. So, to avoid it, we'll need a resolvable reference. What is the control source of those controls?

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
Is that image a form in Datasheet view?

Specify column headings in the CROSSTAB. Review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html#ColHead

Hello, the image is already in form view, it is a datasheet form. This is how my query looks like (image attached). I specified the column headings as the Priority field. However if there are no values in the priority, for example, there are no records classified as High priority, then it shows the error #Name?. I want to get It to show nothing if there are no records found under that priority.

Attachments

• pichelp3.JPG
    pichelp3.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 49

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Unfortunately a #Name? error means the reference can't be resolved. So, to avoid it, we'll need a resolvable reference. What is the control source of those controls?

The source are fields from a query. The query looks like this (image attached). When the query returns nothing for example there are no records found under High Priority, it shows the error #Name?.

Attachments

• pichelp3.JPG
    pichelp3.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 40

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:45
I can't see that column headings have been specified as prescribed in the Allen Browne article. Did you review the article and follow the steps outlined? Show your SQL statement for the CROSSTAB.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:45
right click on each relationship line and choose these:

1. include all records from tbl_noticesinfo and only those records
from tbl_noticereso
where the joined fields are equal.

2. include all records from tbl_noticesinfo and only those records
from PMCList
where the joined fields are equal.

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
I can't see that column headings have been specified as prescribed in the Allen Browne article. Did you review the article and follow the steps outlined? Show your SQL statement for the CROSSTAB.
This worked thanks! Just added column headings on the property.... appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom