Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Introduce Yourself

Old 08-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
alanrcooke
Newly Registered User

alanrcooke is on a distinguished road
Post Newbie on board

Hi,

Been dabbling in Access for a good long while but have never really got very good at it which is frustrating. A lot of what I have done is basically using sample code and fiddling till until got it to work.....not satisfactory. I am working my way through a course on Udemy so hopefully I will actually be able to write code proper one day

It's been a few years since I last got cracking in Access and have discovered I have forgotten MUCH! Still I will press on and slowly refine my current project which is a database for all my income and expenses, records of clients and invoicing system.

It's pretty neat and basic but I want to spruce it up hence joining.

I have a rather large project looming which will be for my partner who is soon to graduate as a nutritionist and I am looking to develop a database to support her wrt her clients and food/meal/nutrition planning. Right down to enzyme level . So expect to hear from me soon.

Besides all that I am an AV Engineer and outside of work I live in the Yorkshire (UK) countryside and spend as much time out with my dog and beloved, sipping cider and having a jolly good time all round.

Alan

alanrcooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough
Re: Newbie on board

Hi Alan. Welcome to AWF!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,055 Times in 3,991 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Alan!

pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,943 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome aboard Alan.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,485 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Ah, Alan, you state things as a true USA "country boy" would state them. You discuss, in order, "my dog and beloved, sipping cider." A true USA redneck puts his "huntin' dawg" first, wife/sweetie second, and his choice drink third. (The pickup truck would come 4th.)

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: