Insert Related records from previous Relationship (1 Viewer)

Msherwood

Local time
Today, 10:32
I have an access database that contains the tables as follows.

Asset Information
Inspection
Inspection Element

Each table is within a 1 to many relationship with the table below it in the list. One of our users had asked if I can import some information into the inspection element from previous inspections that are related to the same Asset.

For instance from any bridge asset there can be multiple inspections. For each inspection, multiple elements of the bridge are inspected. The next time an inspection is performed we need to inspect the same elements. I would like to create a form button that copies the Element Information from last years realated inspection and inserts it into the Inspection Element table and relates it to the current inspection.

Any assistance to get me started with this would be appreciated. I have searched for this type of a script but have come up empty.

Msherwood

Local time
Today, 10:32
Thanks for the response. After I posted, I actually stumbled across a piece of code here http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html that performs the process that you are describing just after posting. The article you provided however, gives further insight into how to properly implement this code.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom