DB To save passwords (1 Viewer)

ct2013

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Hi there,

I want to create a database that i can save all my passwords in.

In the table the password field is set as password and therefore displays "*****".

I want to create a form with from that table and put a little unhide button next to the field password saying Unhide password.
Is this possible? If not would there be an option to put an empty textbox next to it and on.click of the button it would copy the password field into it but displaying it as normal?

Many thanks

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
The Password you see (i.e. ********) is only an Input mask. The data underneath that is simple text.

If you create an Unbound Control and on click of the button just make the unbound control read the value..
Code:
Private Sub unHideButtonName_Click()
    Me.unboundControlName = Me.passwordFieldName
End Sub

ct2013

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

I got an error. I have attached the db can you please have a go and send it back.

Ta

Attachments

• Passwords.zip
    592.8 KB · Views: 98

virusworld

Local time
Yesterday, 18:55
Hello Dear try this you will like it and also i change name of fields in the table don't use like this names hope it help you

Attachments

• CT Passwords V-Updated.zip
    617 KB · Views: 104

ct2013

Registered User.
Local time
I really do like it, is there a way that when i insert the pass to unlock it is displayed as **** instead of the actual letters.

Many thanks for that

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
In OnClick of your unhide button, you can add the following VBA:

Code:
    If Me.yourTextBoxName.InputMask = "Password" Then
    Me.yourTextBoxName.InputMask = ""
    Else: Me.yourTextBoxName.InputMask = "Password"
    End If

This would toggle it on and off as you click your command button.

ct2013

Registered User.
Local time
Virusworld that db is tops, one little virus on the unhide it unhides all the passwords, can we make it just unhide that record?

thanks

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Another way is to add a text box (w/command button) in the header and remove it from the body.

see attached. I did not remove from the body and add VB to the On Current event.

Attachments

• CT Passwords V-Updated.zip
    631.7 KB · Views: 82

ct2013

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, I hit the thumbs up as that was really good.

I added a field in my table VUserName, and placed it in my form, and in the header I placed another box next to the one you sent called txtShowUserName.

Problem being in the script under the onOpenForm or wherever you put yours I placed a line
TxtShowUserName = me.VUserName

Buy I keep getting an error, I think it's a syntax error that it can't sort of find that text box(I don't have the DB I front of me)

Do you have any idea what would be the cause.
I will try later to mess around a bit with it but if I get nowhere I will post my DB.

Thanks a lot

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Where you have:
"TxtShowUserName = me.VUserName" in the onOpenForm,
probably needs to be in the onCurrent event so that when you click on a new record it will show the password for that record.

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Just to go a little deeper:
you need to change AllowEdits=No for your new textbox (in the header), and use the record in the body to change your password.

Also: if no unauthorized person has access to the DB, then you will not need to think about extra security (password not necessary). If it is open for others to get to, then there will have to be other security measures that you may want to use to hide the info from prying eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom