Price auto value (1 Viewer)

stoicy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:38
Hello all

I put the price in my database manually.
I need it to be automatically but I am afraid if I change the price in the future, it will effect my saved records.

Please help

Attachments

• MS Access - Test-2.accdb
    748 KB · Views: 77

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So you either store the price for a date range, or lookup the price at the time of data entry and store it, so it does not change.

I tend to do the latter, just because it is easier to implement.

HTH

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
What you need to do is store the price with the order when you enter it but to take this price from a table of current prices.

Basically have a table of current prices which you can update as and when prices change. When you add an order, you can enter the item on the form and default the price to the current price and store it in the order.

This way you have the price at that date and it will not change in old orders when the current price changes.

Gasman, we crossed ;)

stoicy

Registered User.
Local time
What you need to do is store the price with the order when you enter it but to take this price from a table of current prices.

Basically have a table of current prices which you can update as and when prices change. When you add an order, you can enter the item on the form and default the price to the current price and store it in the order.

This way you have the price at that date and it will not change in old orders when the current price changes.

Gasman, we crossed ;)
I do t know how to do it. Could you please give more details or can modify the attached file
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Use a DLookup to get the relevant price and store it in the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom