Brief reduction in Forum activity for me. (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:00
I'm going to reduce my forum activity for a few days. Wife's shoulder surgery went well yesterday. Her surgeon said no complications, no surprises (when comparing reality to the MRI), and he was able to put everything back in place for proper anchoring. (This was a detached tendon in the rotator cuff plus grinding out a couple of bone spurs that had caused the problem initially.)

While Linda's prognosis is excellent, she is unable to do much for herself because this was NOT arthroscopic surgery. She will have a few surgery scars and right now, the nerve block is wearing off. She has no use of her right shoulder and hand due to the pain, and she IS a righty.

I will be busy pampering her for at least a week or two until everything settles down. Once the pain goes away, she'll be busy with physical therapy but until then, I have to take care of my sweetie-pie.

Don't think for even a moment that she won't make the best of this situation and milk it for everything she can. But I owe her a lot considering how she stuck with me and put up with a lot of crap during my time when my gall bladder and liver were acting up really bad. Now it's my turn to take care of her.

So if I am slow to respond, you know why. Don't worry, this won't keep me away from the forum long-term.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:00
I shall miss your post while you are so needed by your wife. I wish her a speedy and as painless a recovery as is possible :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:00
What?!? You're putting your wife before us? :p

Best wishes for Linda's speedy recovery!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Nautical Gent & I have both been practising using your inimitable style in preparation for this 'opportunity'.

Take as long as your wife needs - it will take a long time before either of us can half way approach your input & expertise.

BTW I expect that you reducing your input may still end up being more than most of us contribute ...

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:00
Best wishes to your wife for a quick and thorough recovery.
Hurry back, Doc --always enjoy your posts.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Best of wishes for you and your family - Hope to see you back here shortly...

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Glad to hear everything went well with surgery. Best of luck to you and your wife while she recovers. We'll be here.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Don't you worry Doc, we got this? Hoping for a speedy recovery for Linda. This is your opportunity to show her some love, don't screw it up!

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Take your time your help has been very much appreciated.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:00
And stay dry with the tropical storm passing through :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This is a quick check-in. Thanks for the good wishes, gang!

And kevlray, don't worry about the storm. The eastern part of New Orleans caught some flooding because that is among the lowest areas. I'm more to the west. We had water with Katrina but for Cindy, the streets in our 'hood didn't even START to flood. The pumps handled it all. We were high and dry. Well,... I was dry. Given that her pain pills are a controlled substance, my sweetie was the one who was high.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just a quick check-in. Now, only three days after an invasive surgery, Linda is experiencing a lot less pain and is already beginning to go stir crazy. Other than a couple of spots on the incision that are starting to itch, she's fine. Thanks to all who expressed concern. I am still visiting the forum in the times when she takes naps - usually right after one of her pain pills - but she is otherwise doing OK.

She has given me permission to post now and then. I think maybe because she wants me elsewhere so she can take another nap!

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Linda. I am sure with your care she will be right as rain soon

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just a quick check-in. Now, only three days after an invasive surgery, Linda is experiencing a lot less pain and is already beginning to go stir crazy. Other than a couple of spots on the incision that are starting to itch, she's fine. Thanks to all who expressed concern. I am still visiting the forum in the times when she takes naps - usually right after one of her pain pills - but she is otherwise doing OK.

She has given me permission to post now and then. I think maybe because she wants me elsewhere so she can take another nap!

You need to try being a full time carer for the last 20 years and still ongoing.

An itchy incision is very difficult to care for as we all know. Good luck with your onerous burden. :rolleyes:

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Others having it worse doesn't invalidate someone else's unfortunate circumstance. You're allowed to show sympathy and empathy for both.

ypma

Registered User.
Local time
The-Doc-Man . As someone who has benefit enormously from your informed posts and solutions I would like to add my good wishes to you and your wife for a speedy recovery and back to normality.

Fellow grandfather

Regards Ypma

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Others having it worse doesn't invalidate someone else's unfortunate circumstance. You're allowed to show sympathy and empathy for both.

I have no sympathy for anyone.

Down and outs are just losers too lazy to get work and live on the state. People make things up to get sympathy or more correctly, money. Like these charity walks, after the 20 or 30% is skimmed off, the rest may go to a charity.

Charity muggers in the street get £120 for every loser they con into signing up, paid for by the charity.

Shall I go on?

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Colin, it is good to hear from you. Obviously, we haven't reached your previously mentioned termination date.

I am aware of your situation and do not claim that what I have now is anywhere NEAR what you have gone through. I had a shorter taste of that with my mother some years ago. I am treating Linda's situation tongue-in-cheek. For me, the only real annoyance is that she's downstairs and our computers are upstairs.

I've been checking in more often because my dear Linda is chasing me away so she can take a nap or so that she can try to do something herself with her predominant hand and arm in a sling. Stubborn doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

Colin, we have perfectly good threads here to complain about welfare frauds, cheats, scams, and fakers. If you want to go on, do so in the appropriate thread, please. You are very good at highjacking threads to inject your particular form of depression even when you don't need to do so.

I'm tempted to just close this thread because Linda is no longer in need of such intensive care. Other than odd hours when I can check in, I am able to get back into the swing of things now.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Colin, it is good to hear from you. Obviously, we haven't reached your previously mentioned termination date.

Not yet. It's 2 years in October when I'm 70

Colin, we have perfectly good threads here to complain about welfare frauds, cheats, scams, and fakers. If you want to go on, do so in the appropriate thread, please. You are very good at highjacking threads to inject your particular form of depression even when you don't need to do so.

I wasn't the one who mentioned sympathy etc. Just forget it, I'll not post again. Goodbye and good luck.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom