Database Development (1 Viewer)

bk1010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:25
Hi all,
Just need a bit of advice from my fellow database developers, I'm currently building an Asset database, where the end-user will be able to order stock.
I need to implement a section that allows the select the order status (ordered, in-progress, etc.) of an asset, but I can’t think of how to capture this data (within the main table, or on a separate table) and how this would be captured on a form.
Any advice would be grateful?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:25
It depends on whether you want to track the progress of the status or simply need to care about the current order status.

bk1010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:25
Yeah, so I'm trying to track of over 2000 employees and numerous assets attached to each employee. They order new asset on a daily basis, I'm trying to keep track whether the asset has been ordered and when.
I'm don't want to build numerous column on the main table.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:25
It depends on whether you want to track the progress of the status or simply need to care about the current order status.
i agree with this.

based on what you've said bk, it sounds like 2 tables will be fine. 1 for employees and 1 for assets. one field in the assets table that has a value that changes based on what is selected on a form, thru a cbox. cbox dropdown selection is made when the status of the tracked asset changes.

i think what dbguy is saying is that you're going to need more than that if you have to store "tracking points" and the dates and times that the asset arrived and left those different points in it's delivery journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom