New User Problems (1 Viewer)

Brian Martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:30
I have a secure database which is currently used by 5 computers on the network. A new computer has just been added to the network but I cant seem to get into the database from it. The User Name and login part comes up but when I enter the new users details it doesnt recognise them and doesn't open the database. However if I login using the new users login details on any other computer on the network it works and opens the database. Even if I enter my own password on the new computer it says I don't have permission but it works on all the other computers. I'm stumped. Has anyone got any ideas??

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:30
You're certain you're pointing to the right workgroup info file? Also, what versions of Access is everyone using?

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 18:30
If this is a split db setup (front end / back end) make sure that you are pointing to the latest version of the FE as that is where the db security options are set for each user. The workgroup file just allows the user to open the db but doesn't contain any info as to which forms, queries, tables or reports they can access.

Brian Martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:30
Definitely pointing to the right workgroup file. Everyone is using Access 2002 and the database isn't split. The Office XP which is installed in the system isn't a registered copy and everyone elses is. This is the only real difference i can think of at the moment. Could this affect it???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom