Question access 2007 runtime - ribbon missing buttons (1 Viewer)

jkribas

Local time
Today, 20:26
Hi.
My clients are running an access 2007 application in runtime environment. The application has a basic custom ribbon with 3 export buttons (export to word, to excel and FileSaveAsPdfOrXps).
In my cumputer, with full office 2007 installed (SP2), the buttons work ok, but when I move the app to my clients the word and excel buttons disapear.
any sugestions?

(runtime SP2 installed on clients; "allow full menus" option checked ;)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:26
Did you make sure to assign that custom ribbon as the default or to assign it to each form?

jkribas

Local time
Hi Bob,
thanks for the help.
Yes, my custom ribbon is assigned as the default ribbon for the database

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Hi Bob,
thanks for the help.
Yes, my custom ribbon is assigned as the default ribbon for the database

Is the database in a trusted location and the registry of the users have the trusted location set? If running in Runtime, you have to set the registry manually (or with a script) as there is no user interface to do so. If code/macros are not enabled (because a trusted location is not set) then the ribbon is likely not showing up due to that.

See here for more on that.

jkribas

Local time
In my computer, I just add the folder (where the accdr is located) as trusted location and simulate the runtime environment (by changing the accde extension to accdr) and still see no buttons.
Are you sure it will work in a real runtime environmment?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
In my computer, I just add the folder (where the accdr is located) as trusted location and simulate the runtime environment (by changing the accde extension to accdr) and still see no buttons.

Hmm, interesting. I'm not completely sure what is happening then. I might suggest uploading it here (with sensitive info either scrambled or removed) so we can take a look. I don't have 2007 here at work so I would have to wait for about 10 hours or so before I could take a look, but perhaps someone else could in the meantime.

jkribas

Local time
ok.
I will attach a completely basic test database so you can take a look in the code.

Attachments

• testetoolbar2.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 302

jkribas

Local time
After more than 10.000 hours of search and testing I found a workaround that works in the runtime environment.
Requires just one line of code:
DoCmd.OutputTo Report, "reportname"
this command has more options to refine the output (xls, html, ...)

Jose Ribas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom