Print pages in reverse order to preview order? (1 Viewer)

bignose2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:09
Hi,

Is there an easy ish way to view a report print preview in one order, ie 1 to 10 but when press the print button they come out 10 to 1, basically ready stacked in correct order.

I like to view, page view & not report view, 1 to 10etc

I also don't want to have toe close & press a different print button

I imagine I could program this quite easy but my staff want to see what they are about to print but just click print if happy

I can open print preview & line after change the property order but this has no effect

Thanks is

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Suggest you set the default print order on your printer settings to print in reverse order.
..or use a printer that outputs the pages facing downwards. ;)

IIRC you can also set the pages to print as e.g. From 100 to 1.
I don't think it matters if the From page value is larger than the max pages

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:09
bignose,

why not ask your people why this is such a big deal? I've never encountered anyone who has asked this question. The time it takes to rearrange paper after it prints out is extremely marginal, isn't it?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
bignose,

why not ask your people why this is such a big deal? I've never encountered anyone who has asked this question. The time it takes to rearrange paper after it prints out is extremely marginal, isn't it?

Not if you are doing huge print runs e.g school reports, exam results etc where you may have lots of groups each with multiple pages in a print run.
Then it can be a big deal

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:09
Not if you are doing huge print runs e.g school reports, exam results etc where you may have lots of groups each with multiple pages in a print run.
Then it can be a big deal
one of my first jobs was in a hospital as a temp employee. the manager once assigned me a task just like this, but it wasn't sorting the print jobs per se, it was "collating" them. but regardless, that hospital actually paid for a person to do this stuff! but maybe this OP's company doesn't have the money to hire people to do this work...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom