fontname,fontsize table property CHANGE(ADD) (1 Viewer)

LjushaMisha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:28
Hello guys.

I'll ask for help on one metter which I know I maybe shouldn't ask for it.
The case is that I'd like to work COMPLETE ACCESS in fontNAME "CONSOLAS" and fontSIZE 10 - so that default font would be Consolas 10.
As far as I know it is not so easy to setup different fonts than "original" set by MS. (Id someone can help me on that I'd appreciate it A LOT. If not I'm thinking other solution:
As I'm importing "lots" of CSV or/and Excel files from company's software (and use tables, queries, forms, reports as I WISH) I regulary change some properties (ALTER TABLE .... field from text to Double, format to Standard, text to DATE or TIME value, ...), I was thinking to change Font NAME&SIZE same time.
Untill now I succeeded to resolve other problems. But this, with font name and size I don't have a clue.:banghead:

Any Idea???Help???Code???

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:28
Hi. Not sure. Have you considered using your own template? For example, you can create a blank database, change all the settings you want and then use a copy of it for each new project you want to create. Just a thought...

LjushaMisha

Registered User.
Local time
For me now is 10 pm. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.
What about changing properties via VBA??
Can it be of any use? Although I don't know how to do it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
For me now is 10 pm. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.
What about changing properties via VBA??
Can it be of any use? Although I don't know how to do it.
If you use VBA, it means you'll need it in every project you do. I'm not even sure which properties you need to modify using VBA to get what you want. Whereas, if you do it manually, as a template, then you only do it once and then it's available for all your future projects.

LjushaMisha

Registered User.
Local time
You're right. But I'm affraid importef files (tables) will not bbe affected by this settings and will remain "MS default". At least this is happening now when importing stuff.
Regarding VBA. I have seen on web something regarding tabledef, addpropery fontname, addproperty fontsize,... but I was not able to put it in life (to make it work). Maybe to difficult for me.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
You're right. But I'm affraid importef files (tables) will not bbe affected by this settings and will remain "MS default". At least this is happening now when importing stuff.
Regarding VBA. I have seen on web something regarding tabledef, addpropery fontname, addproperty fontsize,... but I was not able to put it in life (to make it work). Maybe to difficult for me.
Hi. You might find a way to do this with code. But to work around where import files override your settings, one option is to import into a temp table and then transfer the imported data into the table with the adjusted font and size.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I think the properties you could try adding are these:

DatasheetFontName = Consolas
DatasheetFontHeight = 10

Hope it helps...

LjushaMisha

Registered User.
Local time
Didn't work.
Anyway, I've found solution which is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Settings

Thanks a lot for your time.
So Thread is solved:D

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Didn't work.
Anyway, I've found solution which is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Settings

Thanks a lot for your time.
So Thread is solved:D

Hi. Glad to hear you found a solution that works for you. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom