Is there an easier way? (1 Viewer)

Sneale

Local time
Today, 14:22
Hello, I have created a database to track a safety incentive program. within the database I have several table to track different things.
I have set up a form to search the Active Employees table, and when you select their ID, it stores a Temporary Variable and puts it into a specified table. I have found that I am duplicating this process for each table where I want to record information.
Is it possible to select the employee and store the variable, then have a form come up and be able to select what you want to do and have the variable go to a specified table?

For Instance selecting whether to archive the employee, enter incident reports, enter our safety incentive program points, etc.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if this description is not clear enough. I can try to provide an example

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:22
Hi. Not sure I understand your question but maybe the "easier" way you're looking for is by using subforms?

Sneale

Local time
Please see the attachments. frmEmpLookup has a text box that will search the employee table for all or part of a name or ID number. when you click on the ID (first columnin the subform), it stores that ID as a variable and places it in the Employee ID field of the frmPointEntry.

I have created several copies of the frmEmpLookup to direct the ID to be stored in Different forms such as frmNearMiss, and frmRevoke.

What I would like to do is be able to have one frmEmpLookup and have a form come up where you select what you want to do. example frmLaunch. once you select the button for what form you want to open, I want the Employee ID the populate in a new record.

Attachments

• frmPointEntry.jpg
    frmPointEntry.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 76
  • frmEmpLookup.jpg
    frmEmpLookup.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 81
  • frmNearMiss.jpg
    frmNearMiss.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
  • frmRevoke.jpg
    frmRevoke.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 69
  • frmLaunch.jpg
    frmLaunch.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 67

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Right. I think you could probably benefit from using a Tab control with subforms to make it easier to associate various things for each employee. For example, the main form will be bound to the employee table and the header portion shows basic info about the employee. The first tab of the tab control could show more info about the employee. The succeeding tabs and have subforms to show employee incidents, near misses, and trainings, etc.

Sneale

Local time
Thanks! I will look into getting one of those set-up. I may have more questions when the time comes

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks! I will look into getting one of those set-up. I may have more questions when the time comes
Of course. That's what we're here for. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom