Table Suggestions (1 Viewer)

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:44
Hello again. I would like to pick our brilliant minds regarding how to set up a few tables. Currently, I have three tables (tblPractices, tblModules, tblModuleDetails). I have attached a picture of the relationship to the post.

I need to show each practice and the modules they have activated with the date it was activated.

The problem I am having is that some of the modules has URLs and certain codes to capture.

Should I create a separate table for those specific modules or just add the fields to the tblModuleDetails and enter the data there?

Attachments

• MPLRelationship.JPG
    MPLRelationship.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 84

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:44
Hi. How many additional fields would it be if you add them to the details table?

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
DBGuy...At the moment 23, but I think I will remove some fields since we some are no longer needed. I attached a couple of screen shots as well.

Currently the module fields are in tblPractices which I am working on moving.

I actually created a table for each module with the fields, but it just got to confusing trying to build a relationship and being able to update on the front end. Kept getting "Recordset is not able to be updated".

Attachments

• ModulesName1.JPG
    ModulesName1.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 86
  • ModulesName2.JPG
    ModulesName2.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 98

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
Would I keep the current tables I have and just create an attribute and value table for the extra data to capture?

Watched a video on YouTube called EAV Zero to EAV Hero, very informative.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:44
Would I keep the current tables I have and just create an attribute and value table for the extra data to capture?

Watched a video on YouTube called EAV Zero to EAV Hero, very informative.
That would really depend on your situation, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom