import pictures (1 Viewer)

kolait

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:05
Hello friends
I have lots of pictures of students. I want to get their photo address into the access table quickly ... Thanks for the help

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:35
Hi. What do you mean by "photo address?" Are you referring to the file path on the computer?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:35
What do you mean by 'photo address' - folder path? You want to save folder path to text field in table? This is not absolutely necessary, especially if all images are in same folder. Image filepath/name can be constructed dynamically with code when needed. What are image filenames like?

kolait

Registered User.
Local time
I do not want to include in the photo form for each student.
What is the best suggestion for importing student photos?

kolait

Registered User.
Local time
What do you mean by 'photo address' - folder path? You want to save folder path to text field in table? This is not absolutely necessary, especially if all images are in same folder. Image filepath/name can be constructed dynamically with code when needed. What are image filenames like?

Hello
The file name is the student code and all the pictures are in a folder called School.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Saving files in db uses up Access 2GB size limit and can slow down queries and cause other complications. If your db will not get very large, this will probably not be an issue. However, simplest approach is to leave images in external folder location and reference that path in expression. Review https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=73766 especially post #17.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hello
The file name is the student code and all the pictures are in a folder called School.
Hi. In this case, you don't have to do anything with your table. You should be able to create a query with a calculated column to add the photo locations. For example:
Code:
Photo: "C:\School\ & [StudentCode] & ".jpg"

kolait

Registered User.
Local time
Saving files in db uses up Access 2GB size limit and can slow down queries and cause other complications. If your db will not get very large, this will probably not be an issue. However, simplest approach is to leave images in external folder location and reference that path in expression. Review https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=73766 especially post #17.

Thank you ... I learned a great lesson

kolait

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. In this case, you don't have to do anything with your table. You should be able to create a query with a calculated column to add the photo locations. For example:
Code:
Photo: "C:\School\ & [StudentCode] & ".jpg"

Thank you..the guide was great.
I put in the form of an image object for the student.
I want the address table to be displayed in the student photo object.
I put a folder in the installation where the pictures are with student code. I import and export photos with Excel.
How do I write an address for Draxel for the photo column?
Excuse me for asking too much.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Why involve Excel?

What is Draxel? What is full folder path? Is folder on a network file server? If yes, suggest you use UNC path as shown in post #17 of referenced thread. What image type - jpg, png, bmp? Is this a split db and each user runs their own copy of frontend?

="\\servername\folderpath\" & [fieldname] & ".jpg"

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you..the guide was great.
I put in the form of an image object for the student.
I want the address table to be displayed in the student photo object.
I put a folder in the installation where the pictures are with student code. I import and export photos with Excel.
How do I write an address for Draxel for the photo column?
Excuse me for asking too much.
Hi. Some parts of your question don't make any sense for us because we are not familiar with your database and we can't see it. For example, Is "Draxel" the name of your field or the name of one of your students? Is your form bound to a table or a query? If a query, did you try adding the column like I showed you earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom