Yes/No Datatype export to csv file (1 Viewer)

misternumbertwo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:47
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying determine why whenever I export and yes/no field from an Access 2003 db to a csv file, all the -1 (True) values are being converted to 1. Is this really the way Access handles this data type? because whenever I try to import it back, I then experience and numeric overflow error. Is there anything wrong with the DB? Is there a way to make sure that it only exports -1 for this datatype?

I do apologize if this has been asked before here. I tried search several times but to no avail.

Thank you in advance everyone!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 03:47
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying determine why whenever I export and yes/no field from an Access 2003 db to a csv file, all the -1 (True) values are being converted to 1. Is this really the way Access handles this data type? because whenever I try to import it back, I then experience and numeric overflow error. Is there anything wrong with the DB? Is there a way to make sure that it only exports -1 for this datatype?

I do apologize if this has been asked before here. I tried search several times but to no avail.

Thank you in advance everyone!
How are you doing the Import? You should be able to go into the specification and change the data type from Long Integer (the default) for those yes/now fields to Yes/No.

Attachments

• importyesno01.png
    importyesno01.png
    35 KB · Views: 1,176
  • importyesno02.png
    importyesno02.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,273

misternumbertwo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:47
How are you doing the Import? You should be able to go into the specification and change the data type from Long Integer (the default) for those yes/now fields to Yes/No.

Bob,

Thank you for the reply. I haven't thought of this one and will give it a try. I was mainly concerned on the specs of the export rather than the import and I was barking at the wrong tree I guess. :D

One a side note, does this confirm that Access really converts the -1 yes/no value a 1 during export? Or I just wired the DB the wrong way?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 03:47
One a side note, does this confirm that Access really converts the -1 yes/no value a 1 during export? Or I just wired the DB the wrong way?
Yes, it does convert them. I did verify that. Not sure why but it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom