SEESAW Form? (1 Viewer)

daryll

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:06
Hi!

How do you call this type of form? Can anyone redirect me to a specific forum.

Pls see attachment.

Thanks
Daryll

Attachments

• Unnamed.JPG
    Unnamed.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 60

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 02:06
That's just a form with two listboxes. Selections from first listbox are 'transferred' to second listbox. SEESAW as good a name as any since I've never heard of any other name applied. Review https://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6326
June,

That is totally unnecessary I think. Why would you need class module code in Access to transfer selections from one listbox to another one?

daryll,

do you have ur own Access form that has 2 listboxes on it in which you want to do the same thing that happens with a seesaw form you see when you open a "create combo box wizard" in access? if that's what you want, the code is very simple.

daryll

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:06
daryll,

do you have ur own Access form that has 2 listboxes on it in which you want to do the same thing that happens with a seesaw form you see when you open a "create combo box wizard" in access? if that's what you want, the code is very simple.

Well, I hope I'm good as you. If you don't mind to lend me a link, i'll be grateful.

Thanks

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Well, I hope I'm good as you. If you don't mind to lend me a link, i'll be grateful.
I'm not *that* good, but if I understand you correctly, what you want *is* simple. see attachment.

Attachments

• see saw boxes.accdb
    916 KB · Views: 37

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:06
@vba_php, well, it was first tutorial I saw in my search and it was by MajP so it seemed promising. I agree, far more complicated than necessary. Thanks for stepping in.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Thanks for stepping in.
I don't know if *stepping in* is the right phrase. uve prolly got a lot more valuable advice than I do! by the way, the name is Adam, not vba_php. :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:06
@vba_php, well, it was first tutorial I saw in my search and it was by MajP so it seemed promising. I agree, far more complicated than necessary. Thanks for stepping in.

@June7
That link shows two options. One with a class and one with just a form.
If I was creating such forms, I think I'd go with the class?.
All the hard work has been done for you, and you need about 5 lines of code in any form.?

Who cares if it is a class?, it is a black box routine, that I would gladly use, if I ever needed this functionality.

Thanks for the link.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:06
A Rolex is real complicated but you do not need to understand how it works to use it to tell time. If you think rewriting code every time is easier have at it. I just instantiate a class with a line of code

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
All the hard work has been done for you, and you need about 5 lines of code in any form.?

Who cares if it is a class?, it is a black box routine, that I would gladly use, if I ever needed this functionality.

I agree, but with one caveat, I find myself seldom using Classes? And I don't know why... I suppose part of it is, I'm so used to doing it myself.

A Change of Habit Required
Maybe I need to look at, and change the way I do things, see if I can find and incorporate some useful Class Modules.

New Sticky Thread
Might be an idea for a sticky thread under modules and VBA, a list of useful Class Modules, with a description and examples on how to use them. A thread needs creating if anyone wants to take up The Gauntlet..

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:06
When I build a class it may seem more complicated than could be done by simple hard wired brute force method. But I rarely write any code for a single use case. I write reusable encapsulated code. Write once use anywhere. Here is an example of a pretty good fake of "see saw" (from to) user control. This now functions almost like a true user control where you can drop the subform on any form and you can have all of this functionality, and never have to actually edit the subform or write code. Here is is used in 4 different ways, but the reuse is unlimited.

You can argue that it is buggy, or you do not like the features, or it is hard to initialize, etc. But saying the code is complicated is just stupid, and shows a lack of understanding of code development and code use.

Attachments

• FromToList Generic SingleSelect v3.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
When I build a class it may seem more complicated than could be done by simple hard wired brute force method

I have built just one Class. I built it in stages over several years, adding refinements as and when they occured to me.

The Class, on the face of it is quite simple, but even as the creator, I can struggle to understand how it works when I revisit it after a few months.

Call Called Class Module

https://www.niftyaccess.com/callcalled-class-module/

Possibly it's because when I explain how it works, I explain the actual class module when what I should do is explain how to implement it, and how quick and easy it makes writing the code to handle the interaction between a Called and a Calling Form...

Sent from Newbury UK

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well that is another benefit. You amend the code in the class and it is available everywhere.

I know a function will do pretty much the same thing, but still.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I think see-saw is a brilliant name for it, it's exactly right, but it just doesn't have something... So when I think of see-saw I think of "Snoopy" so I reckon it should be called a "Snoopy"

Attachments

• e8f2e9075721805b109c7a161aa86972.png
    e8f2e9075721805b109c7a161aa86972.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom