Migrating BE from 365 (1 Viewer)

Superlegoboy

Local time
Today, 04:48
For the past three years I've been using an Access FE at each of my company's seven locations to connect to a common BE hosted on 365 using Web Apps. While I used Web Apps to build many of my queries and hold the tables, I never used it as the database interface.

Now that Microsoft is dropping support for Web Apps, I need another solution that will allow all our locations to access a common database BE. This leads me to several questions:

1) I feel a terminal hosting option is maybe best. However, how migrate my current database to a new terminal host?

2) I've assumed it would be best to put the database back together in Access, re-split it, and then move it to the terminal. Is this a reasonable assumption?

3) I can easily download the tables from Web Apps into Access, but is it possible to download the queries or will I have to remake them from scratch?

4) My forms and reports all connect to the tables on 365 via an ODBC link. Once I've downloaded the tables from Web Aps into Access, is it possible to use the Linked Table Manager or code to get the references to change form the tables on 365 to tables within Access itself?

Thank you for your help. Microsoft stopping support of Web Apps is really a pain in the rear....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom