smart tables (1 Viewer)

ltpr1

Local time
Today, 17:28
HI,

Bit of a confusing one so i have attached a demo file.

Basically i have 2 tables

tbl_Book_In
tbl_Pallet_Location

I also have a Form
frm_Book_In

I need it so that when i enter data into
frm_Book_In click add it does the following -
*add a unique id, supplier and number of pallets to
tbl_Book_In (it already does this)
*(Tricky Part) I need it to then depending on the value of "Number of Pallets" Field - add that many entries into tbl_Pallet_Location with the same Delivery reference but their own unique Pallet ID's.

It may sound ridiculously confusing as it is hard to put it into words, any help is much appreciated and i will be available on msn for about an hour so please add ltpr1 @ hotmail.com (without spaces) on msn and i will provide more details or just reply to this post

thanks again

Lee

Attachments

• Database11.accdb
    484 KB · Views: 103

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
at which point do you expect to input the pallet IDs?

why do you want to create blank records in advance of this?

the way to do it (one way) is to create the records as you enter the palletIds

ltpr1

Local time
Basically when a delivery arrives it will have a number of pallets in, i need it to enter in the delivery number , supplier, no of pallets in the tbl_Book_in and then create the amount of line needed in tbl_Pallets so that each pallet is accounted for with its own unique pallet reference but without having to manually input each pallet with a different reference and then re-type the delivery id.

hope this makes sense.

thanks

Lee

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
yes - but you dont need to do that.

have a form/subform (based on normalised tables, of course)

enter the common details for delivery in the main form. (date, supplier, DN no etc etc)

then in the subform enter the pallet details. Access automatically sets the pallet data that corresponds to the DN record. (ie PK/FK). As I say, it needs you to have set up the tables appropriately.

ltpr1

Local time
I see your point a subform seems to work great, the people that will be using this will be in hurry most of the time, do you know of a way that if i select lets say 3 pallets that in the subform 3 entries will be created automatically then they just add the location.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
sorry. I don't quite understand how your app is working, and it isnt easy for me to look at A2007 databases so I don't have time to do this just now.

Perhaps someone else can halp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom