SMS texting from computer (1 Viewer)

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 22:44
hey guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to type text messages on your computer and send them through your actual phone, via a USB cable or some other medium? any software out there to do this??

I already know how to send texts through email, as all cell phone companies have email address protocols for that stuff. But I want to do it this way so the texts show that they're coming from my own phone.

Thoughts anyone??

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:44
hey guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to type text messages on your computer and send them through your actual phone, via a USB cable or some other medium? any software out there to do this??

I already know how to send texts through email, as all cell phone companies have email address protocols for that stuff. But I want to do it this way so the texts show that they're coming from my own phone.

Thoughts anyone??

What would be the point? If you have your phone hooked up to the pc, it would seem easier just to use your phone...?

tedsalad

Local time
Today, 04:44
Try googling "testmagic"

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
obviously there is a point, sir. I switched to a flip phone and ditched my bb, so now I have to type text messages where the number keys have multiple letters on them.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:44
Is this phone some type of smart phone with a standard os (Windows, Android, etc.)? Without that capability of pc connectivity, it might not be possible at all.

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
no, it's a little cheap-o. Flip phone, US cellular brand. Nothing else.

I ditched my blackberry long ago.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 04:44
Most phones I've owned come with applications usually available from the web for download and installation on PCs that will link up with your phone and allow you to send and receive messages by SMS using your phone as effectively the transmitter. They usually also have address books and calendards that allow you to edit and add addresses and calendar dates. Typically the link is through a USB to phone but some can link via bluetooth

Nokia's version is called OVI

My motorolla has something very similar and so did my sony ericsson.

Look to the instructions or look the make of the phone up in Google.

I used to use this a lot when I was event organising. The ability to quickly send instructions and feedback to people that were on the move was invaluable. I find many people respond quicker to text than e-mail and you can have them out and about chasing things much better. Plus I can touch type soooo much quicker than using predictive text

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom