keyboard buggy after a virus (1 Viewer)

uh20

Local time
Today, 01:59
my virus software has found and removed a few Trojans and trackers
they have managed to screw up my keyboard so that it generates random numbers when a a-z button is pressed, somehow (i totally forgot, something with keyboard file) i managed to fix it so that it only happens on some software instead of all

the software i still have issues with:
java
certain text boxes in the browser
games i have downloaded via steam

whats the problem now?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:59
First post in an Access based forum :confused: oh well no spam spotted so...

You haven't mentioned which version of Windows (if indeed it is Windows - and yes Mac's can get viruses before we get any fanbois) but I've heard of the keyboard.ini file can be corrupted by viruses (for XP).

Quickest fix is to do a Windows repair - loads of links if you do a search - it will also sort out any other system files that may have been corrupted you haven't come across yet. though I have to say it's odd it's only happening with certain programmes (esp Steam games).

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:59
my virus software has found and removed a few Trojans and trackers
they have managed to screw up my keyboard so that it generates random numbers when a a-z button is pressed, somehow (i totally forgot, something with keyboard file) i managed to fix it so that it only happens on some software instead of all

the software i still have issues with:
java
certain text boxes in the browser
games i have downloaded via steam

whats the problem now?

uh20,

Some things you could try. If you have a copy of Windows in your drive goto Start >> Run, in the run box type sfc /scannow This will compare all system files to the originals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_File_Checker

Next make sure your "Steam Client" and your "Game Files" are updated. Also you could try to restore to a earlier date when things worked a wee bit better!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore

Good Luck
Richard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom