Hover preview timeout (1 Viewer)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:09
When viewing the list of threads the first few lines of the question are shown in a box when hovering over a thread. It always disappears before I can finish reading.

Is the timeout a setting I can change for myself or is it controlled by the site. If it is the site, could the timout be made longer? Or better still, stay showing until the pointer moves off the thread?

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 15:09
Nothing we can do. Jon might be able to make a change but there's no user setting.

Local time
Today, 17:09
Odd; when I hovered over this topic, the popup never went away (until I moved the cursor away). In the past, I found the hover timeout to be too short. Somebody must have already fixed this. What about you? Has it changed for you, too?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:09
Yes, its as you stated , it stayed while I stayed, that's far better.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 15:09
Definately very convenient that it now stays while the pointer is pointing, before my narrator was only getting a bit more then halfway through the popup and it would diasppear.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Behaviour seems to be dependent on the browser.

IE8 always ends the hover after a few seconds.

Firefox 3.6.2 maintains the hover as long as the mouse stays motionless.
If the mouse is moved at all (even within the original thread) after the timeout period the hover also ends.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:09
I have discovered that I was wrong, it doesn't stay while I point but it does seem to stay longer.
I rechecked as I am on IE7.

Brian

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:09
Also, I've found if your mouse is moving while you are hovering over a thread, it doesn't disappear. If I need to keep reading a preview, I just move the mouse a little and it stays. ;)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Also, I've found if your mouse is moving while you are hovering over a thread, it doesn't disappear. If I need to keep reading a preview, I just move the mouse a little and it stays. ;)

Which browser?

This is quite the opposite of what I found with Firefox 3.6.2

For me on IE8 the hover ends with movement or not.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:09
Works for me in both Firefox and IE. I use Firefox at home and IE at work, never had an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom