Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:50
Why do I keep getting this message from being on the forum now?:confused:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Are you sure that you have just not noticed it before?

Brian

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Hacker trouble. They have been stopped now.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:50
Hacker trouble. They have been stopped now.

Good to know! I still never experienced any of the problems others were reporting, just lucky I guess. :D

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 04:50
I was getting it at home with IE8 but nothing was showing up at all at work with IE6.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:50
I was getting it at home with IE8 but nothing was showing up at all at work with IE6.

That's what I was thinking. It's probably a vulnerability limited to a certain browser and version. I use Firefox at home and IE6 at work. I never experienced any issues, even with all antivirus disabled at home on Firefox. I didn't risk it at work.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sounds like IE8 as I didn't get it on IE7, microsoft keep suggesting that I should upgrade, think I'll stick.

Brian

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 04:50
Sounds like IE8 as I didn't get it on IE7, microsoft keep suggesting that I should upgrade, think I'll stick.

Brian

And just to clarify - I wasn't getting the popup on IE8, I was having a notification at the top of my IE8 that a popup was trying to pop up. It didn't let it but the notification is how I knew it was trying.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
And just to clarify - I wasn't getting the popup on IE8, I was having a notification at the top of my IE8 that a popup was trying to pop up. It didn't let it but the notification is how I knew it was trying.

Sorry misunderstood, yes that is what was happening on IE7. I assumed that IE8 was not blocking it.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom