highlighting 'resolved' threads (1 Viewer)

russi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:55
Hi.
I believe that it would be helpful, esp. when looking at the results of searches, if there was a symbol or highlighting of threads where there was a successful resolution.

We all know that there are, unfortunately, some that never become resolved. And it would save time if searchers could examine only those with solutions.

Another benefit would be that those who might have a solution to unresolved threads would be able to spot those still in need.

Russ

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:55
If this is possible, it is a good suggestion. However, it requires the cooperation of the OP, since that is (or at least should be) the person who actually agrees that the problem has been resolved. Some folks post and promptly forget because they didn't get their daily dose of instant gratification.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:55
I know another site that uses vBulletin 3.8.4 and it has a "Solved" feature. Don't know if 3.8.1 has it, but I agree it can be helpful.

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
I reckon it would be good to have a reminder to add rep when a problem is resolved. Another mouse click I know but those who are polite enough to close a completed thread as per the doc's post would also be polite enough to say thanks for the help..... I think anyway

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:55
Sufficient predisposition to warrant asking for fame implies inappropriate intent.

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Nice to get a bit of recognition for spending the time to help people out though. Just my personal opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom