Request for new Data Access Pages thread category (1 Viewer)

Rebeccah

Local time
Today, 13:25
I realize I'm a newcomer to these forums and don't have any clout to request anything, and maybe I'm the only one who wants this, but...

Would it be possible to have a thread topic category for Data Access Pages? They are a MS Access feature, and have their own set of widgets, limitations, and programming tricks that are different from those for forms or reports. My questions are all about Data Access pages, and really do'nt fit under any of the other categories very well.

Thanks,

Rebeccah

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Rebeccah:

Sorry to disappoint you but Data Access Pages have been eliminated from Access starting with Access 2007. Access 2007 can still view them but you can't modify them from there and in Access 2010 they are gone completely.

So, it is too late to be adding a category to the forums which is for something that has been discontinued. You can still post your questions in either the General Category or even the Forms category. Sorry to have to give you the bad news.

Oh, and if your organization is going to upgrade to 2007 or higher, you had better start trying to figure out what you will be doing about moving to a different way of doing things.

Rebeccah

Local time
That's OK, someone pointed me to another forum (UtterAccess) that was able to help me out with my DAP questions. Our organization is not moving off Office 2003 any time soon, but your point about DAP being completely unsupported is well taken. I'm in the process of evaluating alternatives for the next version of our project.

Rebeccah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom