Report shows data for wrong field (1 Viewer)

Jupie23

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:52
I made a database for a team at work about a year ago, and it has been working fine as far as I know. Now there is a report that is pulling the wrong data. The report is set up as a customer letter, and most of the text is in a text box with an expression to pull in the address fields. It says [CustomerAddress] but is actually pulling [ProviderAddress], which appears at the top of the letter. I've checked the table to make sure the address for the customer is correct, I did a compact and repair on the back end and front end, and I copied the front end into a new blank database, and it's still there.

Here is the line that isn't working:

" & [CustomerAddress] & ", " & [CustomerCity] & ", " & [CustomerState] & ", " & [CustomerZip] & "

It is pulling a different address, but is correct for city, state and zip. Any ideas?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:52
Hi. I think the only to troubleshoot this problem is to actually look at the design of the report. Are you able to post a sample copy with test data?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Can you also post the reports source? Is it possible that [CustomerAddress] has been changed some how in your source to grab the other field?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Also make sure there isn't a textbox named CustomerAddress that actually has ProviderAddress as the control source.

Jupie23

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:52
I was getting ready to post a copy and saw there was another reply. Oh my gosh pbaldy, you solved it! The provider address at the top of the letter was actually in a text box named CustomerAddress. I have several letters, so I'm sure I copied another letter to make this one and missed that. Apparently it's been like that for a year and no one noticed. Thank you so much!!! Thanks all for your input and suggestions!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Nice going, Paul. Cheers!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help! Once I've made a mistake 30-40 times, I start looking out for it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom